2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

8 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I've seen the video from last years Mr. Football where Alcoa's AD ask Elizabethton Coach Shawn Witten for a game......I know who said NO. :bored: I know late in the summer when Besty and Alcoa both had the same by week off and only 9 games scheduled who again declined the Alcoa offer.

Nothing against the Betsy program, but the above statement is a FACT!! As I’ve mentioned earlier, Greeneville and Anderson County also walked away…

12 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

You dont win State Ships by mistake def a heck of a program no doubt. I was just comparing overall regions teams of who was stronger. It doesnt shock me them two schools not wanting to play def Alcoa they never seem to want to play a team that can beat them which really shocked me they played Maryville this year.

Unfortunately, the info you’ve been given about Alcoa declining to play isn’t true…:thumb:

34 minutes ago, Betsyorangefan said:

We scheduled 1 6a team and 2 5a teams and due to Covid we tried to get teams to fill our schedule even from the Knoxville region including Maryville and Alcoa but that’s what happens when you become a solid program …. No takers 

This is not correct. Alcoa wanted that game!
 I was at mr football and got to meet coach W. While standing with him and Rankin I said “let’s get a game together right here”. Coach W said “NO” and walked away with out even saying nice to meet you 

FACT 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheSkipBayless said:

I never disqualified the fact of that but maybe your to incompetent to realize that a region is made up of more than 2 teams and that the state had a realignment and as of this year in what shape or form is region 1 better than region 5 overall? 

151-54 is what region 1 has beat the west by in the last 4 championship games. But congrats your 4th place team is better then our 4th place team :thumb:

Let's not turn this into a p*%&%ing contest between East Tennessee teams. This board is about Tullahoma vs. Elizabethton Saturday morning in Chattanooga.

Past history does matter. The experience of having played in two state championship games is a significant advantage for the Cyclone seniors. Statistics for both these teams are misleading because many of their games were over by halftime. 

From what I normally see on state championship weekend, one team will start fast and the other team will either recover and make it a game or fall short at the end. 

Tullahoma all the way!

3 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Let's not turn this into a p*%&%ing contest between East Tennessee teams. This board is about Tullahoma vs. Elizabethton Saturday morning in Chattanooga.

Past history does matter. The experience of having played in two state championship games is a significant advantage for the Cyclone seniors. Statistics for both these teams are misleading because many of their games were over by halftime. 

From what I normally see on state championship weekend, one team will start fast and the other team will either recover and make it a game or fall short at the end. 

Tullahoma all the way!

Don’t care either way. Pulling for Betsy. However, posting false info about the Alcoa program will get corrected EVERY time. That Is All!

carry on…:thumb:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Guys we all know Alcoa isn’t afraid to  play any team and that’s a fact.I don’t blame the Alcoa faithful being on here if the statement that was made isn’t true.

They def aren’t afraid to play Betsy and I’m sure we declined the game.  It  is what it is.  That doesn’t have much to do with playing Tullahoma this weekend and comparing schedules.  We all have our opinions but it will be settled Saturday morning.  Our guys will be ready as I’m sure Tullahoma will too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1