2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

14 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

The new rankings out today heave Tullahoma 1 and Betsy 2.  I must say Tullahoma is unbeaten and deserves that #1.  I also enjoy the fact our boys now have even more motivation,  not that we need it but they doubted us before and it didn’t pay off so doubt us again.  Thanks!

8 of the teams on Tullahoma schedule have losing record but I’m glad Betsy is the underdog 

15 minutes ago, hardhatvol said:

I would be shocked if Tullahoma isn’t the more physical team…

never saw Greeneville as the #1 team in entire state…

these teams are probably closer to 10-12 at best to be honest…including greeneville

mccallie, lipscomb, maryville, Oakland, summit, Alcoa, CPA and then probably Powell, and some other private schools or 6A schools before you get to these two and greeneville…

Make no mistake, Greeneville was loaded with talent this year.    Can't say anything about the other games, but the last game against Elizabethton they were very undisciplined on the field, and their coaching staff did not manage the clock very well.        And don't forget that Greeneville beat Elizabethton earlier by 30 points.    But, as is often the case, Elizabethton won the one that counted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, hardhatvol said:

I would be shocked if Tullahoma isn’t the more physical team…

never saw Greeneville as the #1 team in entire state…

these teams are probably closer to 10-12 at best to be honest…including greeneville

mccallie, lipscomb, maryville, Oakland, summit, Alcoa, CPA and then probably Powell, and some other private schools or 6A schools before you get to these two and greeneville…

If Elizabethton plays like they did against Greenville, you'll find out who the more physical team, fast....especially on defense.:thumb:

Tullahoma is very good. I'm not going to say they're going to win because Betsy has more than proven they are too. Reading the comments here I can see why this thread is trending toward contentiousness 

Betsy is a proven winner and their fans want that to be respected. 

Tullahoma has a stars aligned type of product that will be a force to reckon with for any Tennessee team regardless of classification. Their fans know that too.

This might the best game of the weekend. 

Best wishes for both to relish the moment and leave everything on that Chattanooga field! :thumb:

13 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

They def aren’t afraid to play Betsy and I’m sure we declined the game.  It  is what it is.  That doesn’t have much to do with playing Tullahoma this weekend and comparing schedules.  We all have our opinions but it will be settled Saturday morning.  Our guys will be ready as I’m sure Tullahoma will too.  

Whew partner, you flipped your opinion so fast it made my head spin 

14 hours ago, Bkillion51 said:

Apparently you can only talk good about Tullahoma on this thread. Don’t you dare say or imply that Elizabethton could possibly win. 

I guess we’ll see who the best team is. And after the game I’ll congratulate the team that wins, I hope everyone else will do the same. 

I've got to respectfully disagree with this one. I think there is only 2 of 3 Tullahoma posters max. They just believe in there teams ability to play good football and bring the Gold home. Don't think they have been disrespectful towards the Cyclones at all. As for the comment that mentioned Tullahoma not having any championships to back up there confidence, sometimes a non traditional school has a special group of kids come through that just happen to be very good. 

Again, these are two very good teams and to reiterate what another posted said earlier, this should be a repeat match up from last year. Should be a very entertaining game to watch that comes down to the wire. 

• Like 1