2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

After looking at the schedules even further I noticed we have somewhat of a common opponents playing each either…. That being Manchester and Rhea county.    I think it’s safe to say either one of these teams would win 5A state also. Powell struggled to beat Rhea County. Should be a goood game Saturday 

Edited by Betsyorangefan

18 hours ago, hardhatvol said:

I would be shocked if Tullahoma isn’t the more physical team…

never saw Greeneville as the #1 team in entire state…

these teams are probably closer to 10-12 at best to be honest…including greeneville

mccallie, lipscomb, maryville, Oakland, summit, Alcoa, CPA and then probably Powell, and some other private schools or 6A schools before you get to these two and greeneville…

Dont even waste your time trying to explaining this to this cat its to hard for them to understand. 

6 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

I've got to respectfully disagree with this one. I think there is only 2 of 3 Tullahoma posters max. They just believe in there teams ability to play good football and bring the Gold home. Don't think they have been disrespectful towards the Cyclones at all. As for the comment that mentioned Tullahoma not having any championships to back up there confidence, sometimes a non traditional school has a special group of kids come through that just happen to be very good. 

Again, these are two very good teams and to reiterate what another posted said earlier, this should be a repeat match up from last year. Should be a very entertaining game to watch that comes down to the wire. 

It’s ok for you to disagree. I’m assuming that you’re a Tullahoma fan, if so I wouldn’t expect anything less. I don’t think anyone has been disrespectful or anything like that. I do feel that they get offended because we believe in our team as well. You’re right, they’re both really good teams and I hope for a very good game. With that being said, Go CHAMPS!!

2 hours ago, Betsyorangefan said:

After looking at the schedules even further I noticed we have somewhat of a common opponents playing each either…. That being Manchester and Rhea county.    I think it’s safe to say either one of these teams would win 5A state also. Powell struggled to beat Rhea County. Should be a goood game Saturday 

Go back and watch the Powell vs Rhea County Game, they did not struggle with Rhea County.  Rhea's First TD was with 5 1/2 min left to go in the game because Nolen got hurt and didn't play the rest of the game. Rhea had 24 yards on 22 rushing attempts  in the first half and punted 6 out of their 7 first half possessions and were down 21-0 at half. They were also Vanilla as could be on O because they knew they could be and not show anything to Knox West who they thumped last week 35-7.  You do know Alcoa beat Knox West in OT too, so do you think either would win 3a too since you believe it's safe to say they would win 5a against Powell:popcorneater:

Edited by Swipes

On 11/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Betsyorangefan said:

If it comes down to physical, your team will lose by 3 scores. If you all beat the Cyclones it will be throwing the ball. No team in the state any more physical than Greeneville which was ranked in some of the TSSAA poles as the over all #1 team in the state of Tennessee, that’s over all even 6A, and Betsy handled them. And by the way Since you all seem to like stats go compare Tully stats to Greeneville 

The problem with Elizabethton fans are that every time a Tullahoma fan try’s to point out a comparison or an opinion about stats or physical play the Elizabethton fan gets offended….and rattles off the above statement….what logic even justifies that absurd statement other than ego…. Greeneville is more physical than Tullahoma…. once again until you play both teams how can you make that statement..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

The problem with Elizabethton fans are that every time a Tullahoma fan try’s to point out a comparison or an opinion about stats or physical play the Elizabethton fan gets offended….and rattles off the above statement….what logic even justifies that absurd statement other than ego…. Greeneville is more physical than Tullahoma…. once again until you play both teams how can you make that statement..

Listen that’s rich if you look at all the posting on this thread.  It’s nothing but a big circle going round and round and which kids gonna fall off first.  Personally everybody thinks their team will win and that’s fantastic but if you think for a second you’re not just as guilty as the Elizabethton fans you’ve fell and bumped your head.  

37 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Go back and watch the Powell vs Rhea County Game, they did not struggle with Rhea County.  Rhea's First TD was with 5 1/2 min left to go in the game because Nolen got hurt and didn't play the rest of the game. Rhea had 24 yards on 22 rushing attempts  in the first half and punted 6 out of their 7 first half possessions and were down 21-0 at half. They were also Vanilla as could be on O because they knew they could be and not show anything to Knox West who they thumped last week 35-7.  You do know Alcoa beat Knox West in OT too, so do you think either would win 3a too since you believe it's safe to say they would win 5a against Powell:popcorneater:

Well that didn’t take long. Lol.   How did Powell do vs Anderson county     How did Elizabethton do 

4 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Listen that’s rich if you look at all the posting on this thread.  It’s nothing but a big circle going round and round and which kids gonna fall off first.  Personally everybody thinks their team will win and that’s fantastic but if you think for a second you’re not just as guilty as the Elizabethton fans you’ve fell and bumped your head.  

Find a post where I made an outlandish from the hip post stating Pearl Cohn or Haywood was better than Elizabethton or any other horse crap. If you do I will apologize for such a rich post.

9 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

I have watched every film on Elizabethton.  The QB is a senior stud, power QB down hill, QB sweeps,  QB counters and throw the ball at a lot of angles and avoid the rush. The corners for T might get burnt often if they continue from last week.  They got a few picks but those were thrown up and short.   He accounts for about 75/80 % of the offense.  Ball control O.  They do not turn the ball over and have long Time killing drives.  E's D-line is big and stuff the run.

T- hasn't ran the ball well the last two game.  18 maybe has 20 yards, 22 has squirted through the line a few times but no sustain ground game at all.  I do believe T-will have to go to their 3 main targets to hurt E. If T- continues to throw it up down the field that could lead to issues as well.  They need to drive the ball with short passes and keep trying to get a back loose to keep E honest on D.   E is fundamentally sound with very view mistakes.  T- can not afford to turn overs or go 3-out quickly.  Must sustain drives.  E will ball control with QB which makes it difficult to get behind on the score board.  JMO

Should be a great game!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

Find a post where I made an outlandish from the hip post stating Pearl Cohn or Haywood was better than Elizabethton or any other horse crap. If you do I will apologize for such a rich post.

I’m talking about the getting offended part,  which is what you’re doing now mad behind a keyboard.  It’s not that serious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Betsyorangefan said:

Well that didn’t take long. Lol.   How did Powell do vs Anderson county     How did Elizabethton do 

Are you going to answer my question or just try and skirt around it, coward!  Betsy played Anderson County without their starting QB twice.  

You’re  trying to compare the first game of the season with everyone healthy to Betsy playing a one dimensional AC team with a freshman at QB.   

Go watch film on Powell before you start running your mouth and this coming from someone who has seen both Powell and Betsy play in person