2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

3 hours ago, hollowman said:

I apologize on behalf of Tullahoma from Southern Middle TN to have disrupted y'all's little streak.

You better enjoy it. Looks like tough times again. Lost 22 seniors (21 starters) and the HC. Do you have anything in the tank to reload? Or was it just a very talented class cycling through? That’s the trick. Staying consistent. It ain’t like we’re in Blount County. Where D1 football players fall from the sky like rain.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

You better enjoy it. Looks like tough times again. Lost 22 seniors (21 starters) and the HC. Do you have anything in the tank to reload? Or was it just a very talented class cycling through? That’s the trick. Staying consistent. It ain’t like we’re in Blount County. Where D1 football players fall from the sky like rain.

Pretty sure 21 played but weren’t all starters. However the cats will be taking a step back as the losses across the board are substantial. 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:15 PM, lawnman said:

All I can say is the last 4 State Champions have come from the East and that’s says a lot about east TN football in 4a.

I scanned through TSSAA history, and unless I missed something, prior to those 4 years a grand total of 3 East teams have won state titles in all classes, going back to 1969. Greenville-2, Morristown East-1.

17 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I scanned through TSSAA history, and unless I missed something, prior to those 4 years a grand total of 3 East teams have won state titles in all classes, going back to 1969. Greenville-2, Morristown East-1.

So i guess Maryville isn't east tn when they won 4A state Titles when there were 5 classifications  or Fulton in this classification.  Since 2009 (When they went to 6 classifications.  The East or really E Tn are 10-3 in Championships Games with Greeneville, Fulton, and Betsy winning those 10.  

Tullahoma played a great game and was the best team this year in 4a.  I was glad I got  to see a competitive 4a State championship for a change 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

This next season for 2022 will be full of Jimmy's and Joe's also. No real superstar D1 commits that I know of. We don't even know if our Head coach is any good right now. I like our freshman class that will be sophomores then but no game changers there either. What they win they will have to do it with discipline and hard work. In the end it is always just 11 guys against 11 guys. Sometimes the the bigger more talented guys don't always prevail. Sometimes the ones that work the hardest and have the grit get the victory.  I expect to make the playoffs at the least but how far they get nobody knows. 

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

So i guess Maryville isn't east tn when they won 4A state Titles when there were 5 classifications  or Fulton in this classification.  Since 2009 (When they went to 6 classifications.  The East or really E Tn are 10-3 in Championships Games with Greeneville, Fulton, and Betsy winning those 10.  

Tullahoma played a great game and was the best team this year in 4a.  I was glad I got  to see a competitive 4a State championship for a change 

By East Tennessee I guess I meant Upper East Tenn. I consider the other schools you mentioned Knoxville area schools, and not East Tennessee as such. But maybe that’s my misunderstanding. 

2 hours ago, chs1984 said:

By East Tennessee I guess I meant Upper East Tenn. I consider the other schools you mentioned Knoxville area schools, and not East Tennessee as such. But maybe that’s my misunderstanding. 

We like to refer to it as NE TN (Greeneville and East is NE TN) since Chattanooga over is classified as East TN when looking at the Grand Division of TN and how the State looks at it.  It's definitely a misunderstanding since Knoxville/Maryville is in in East TN, Heck Maryville use to be part of the Lost State of Franklin (1784-1788) and Greeneville was it's Capital and John Sevier was the Governor of it

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Swipes said:

We like to refer to it as NE TN (Greeneville and East is NE TN) since Chattanooga over is classified as East TN when looking at the Grand Division of TN and how the State looks at it.  It's definitely a misunderstanding since Knoxville/Maryville is in in East TN, Heck Maryville use to be part of the Lost State of Franklin (1784-1788) and Greeneville was it's Capital and John Sevier was the Governor of it

Most definitely east Tennessee,Actually just under 30 miles from Greene county to Knox county on a straight line between the two according to google maps Franklin: The Lost State of America ~ KuriositasFranklin, the American State that Wasn't - JSTOR Daily

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

I’ll yield to you locals on the subject. I always think in terms of East/West for the football playoffs, East, Middle and West when speaking generally, and to further break it down, Upper East, Knoxville area, Chattanooga area, Mid-State, Metro Nashville, Memphis, West Tennessee. Here in Georgia, we did away with North-South in playoffs years ago. Just this season we had a county that touches the Tennessee line play a county that touches the Florida line in Round 2.