2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

14 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I agree. For Tull to be as physical and big as they were and were advertised I feel EHS handled them just fine. 

I thought Tullahoma was big on the line but I don’t think they are as physical or nasty as they should be to be honest…the few games I watched this year is what I’m basing that opinion on…

11 hours ago, blazer1set said:

How would you guys feel about Tennessee revamping to something like this:

• 8 regions like we have now, determined by geography
  • 4 classes (1A - 4A) based on enrollment
  • Top team in each region/class makes the playoffs resulting in an 8 team per class playoff system resulting in a state champion in each of the 4 classes.
  • Then each state champion enters into a 4 team playoff to determine a final overall state champion.

Lot of pros and cons to this.... Cons are smaller schools will complain about playing the schools with 2000+ students, big schools will complain if they lose to a much smaller school, it would destroy the "everybody gets a trophy" mentality, etc.    Some of the pros are that it would once and for all answer the question of who is the best team in the state regardless of class, there would be no more "Elizabethton is afraid to play Alcoa..." type of questions, teams with losing records would not be in the playoffs, etc.      But this presents a whole new set of problems too, like how would you determine the top team in each region/class if there was a tie.     Maybe we just leave things as they are?      Or should we go the opposite and have 12 classes instead of 6 so we can have 12 state champions?       

Back in 1988, when there was only A,  AA and AAA classifications, I played on a team that went 9-1 and finished ranked 7th in the state in AAA. We didn’t make the playoffs. In a 10 team Region, there was a 3-way tie at 9-1. The tiebreaker was the non region game, which we all won. The next was the overall record of those teams. Ours was the worst. BUT, 2 of us played AAA schools and one played an AA school. AND, our AAA school beat the other AA school. So, was it fair? I guess any Tennessee fans from the 80’s and 90’s who remember them playing a more difficult schedule and being punished because other teams played cream puff teams will remember how it felt. Besides, the TSSAA will not reduce down to that and loose the revenue from all of the games played now. I’m ok giving more athletes more opportunities to excel. The all team playoff does sound intriguing. But, yes, smaller schools may not fare well. Smaller rosters, more two way players, less subs. It begins to be dangerous for them. I’d rather see the top three classifications in division 1 play the top three in division 2…the publics vs the privates. One more weekend. Three more games. Wow…did I type all that!? Sorry.

Edited by BigDaddyDave

To be honest all of this talk on these pages makes me laugh and so mad at the same time. I would like to say first and for most, I hoped for a great game and injury free, and thats what we got. Tullahoma, on paper was supposed to be out matched. This was stated because of experience, Betsy having the best QB (Player in the state when talking to Betsy fans), just a combination of things. It was. said that Tullahoma would be too shocked to be there and they would lose by three or more touchdowns. Tullahoma shouldn't have been there and couldn't hang based on some of the comments here. Boy did they make a statement. Never mind the overtime. Let's just talk about Regulation. Neither team gave an inch. Betsy's QB ran 35 times? 35 times!!!! Yes, they WERE defending champs but when you have never played a team, there's no way to tell how much better you are than them. Remember we are adults, we don't play the game, the kids do. You guys swore up and down that Tullahoma would get beat by 3 or more touchdowns and had no clue that they we just as good, or better that your defending champions. And had then had the nerve to try to play the underdog card. That don't even make sense. Big props to Tullahoma Football for their victory and big props to the Betsy Football Team for their hard work and both for providing us with the game of a lifetime.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yom0mma5favfan69 said:

To be honest all of this talk on these pages makes me laugh and so mad at the same time. I would like to say first and for most, I hoped for a great game and injury free, and thats what we got. Tullahoma, on paper was supposed to be out matched. This was stated because of experience, Betsy having the best QB (Player in the state when talking to Betsy fans), just a combination of things. It was. said that Tullahoma would be too shocked to be there and they would lose by three or more touchdowns. Tullahoma shouldn't have been there and couldn't hang based on some of the comments here. Boy did they make a statement. Never mind the overtime. Let's just talk about Regulation. Neither team gave an inch. Betsy's QB ran 35 times? 35 times!!!! Yes, they WERE defending champs but when you have never played a team, there's no way to tell how much better you are than them. Remember we are adults, we don't play the game, the kids do. You guys swore up and down that Tullahoma would get beat by 3 or more touchdowns and had no clue that they we just as good, or better that your defending champions. And had then had the nerve to try to play the underdog card. That don't even make sense. Big props to Tullahoma Football for their victory and big props to the Betsy Football Team for their hard work and both for providing us with the game of a lifetime.

Lot of fans from many teams have been eating crow for several weeks and that happens when folks are 100% whatever colors their team wears and don't see the potential negatives or potential positives another team may have.Not everyone said this game would be a blowout and there are some very classy Elizabethton fans  .Did I think Elizabethton would win,yes but I thought it would be a war .Going back a few weeks,did I think Greeneville would be the state champion this year . Well, to this day I still think they had the players on this years roster to do it but so did  Betsy and Tullahoma.Bottom line is all the ifs ands and buts don't matter because Tullahoma is the very much deserving state champs ...

• Like 4

On 12/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I’m by no means saying we win, y’all win,  or by your account y’all blow us out,  BUT don’t go silent when things don’t end up going your way.

JUST HERE TO REMIND YOU ALL THE CHAMP IS HERE!! :lol: Still on cloud 9 from such an amazing year and story book ending!!! Great game though i've watched it a bunch since then! One for the ages!!

On 12/1/2021 at 1:41 PM, BetsyCyclones16 said:

LoL. I’m sure this dude will disappear if they don’t cash that check.  I love the confidence though. 

Just wanted to check in and say check is cashed and money is in the bank! Didn't want you to think i'd disappeared lol. Just got sized for the rings the other day, must say that was an exciting feeling! 

Edited by Fawhy

On 12/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, Fawhy said:

Just wanted to check in and say check is cashed and money is in the bank! Didn't want you to think i'd disappeared lol. Just got sized for the rings the other day, must say that was an exciting feeling! 

That’s weird if you’re getting sized for a ring your kid or some kid you know earned.  But good game,  I’ve congratulated Tullahoma on the win.  It was a great game.

17 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Bad look if a staff member is on a message board but what do I know?  

Why would that be a bad look? Staffers can't have opinions or set the record straight or just cheer on their team? Never said i got sized for a ring, just said "just got sized for a ring and it was exciting". The looks on EVERYONES faces as they went through the process was pretty special. But anyway ya'll have a great day!! 

I'm sure there are a lot of players and coaches that have accounts on Coacht .I know a few going back to the days a couple of my kids played sports in Kingsport.Shoot I'd have an account if I were a coach,the same as when I had  sons playing.I straight up said who I was with my first account and the better half didn't like that I had  used the family name.So being a smart azz,the movie Batman was showing in the theater that year and my wife's name was perfect for me to just become Batman with the name Batmandb and Batmandevil later for my own school. It would be hard not to have a  Coacht account if I were a coach or coaches son . Yeah I know , it's a lot smarter to not do that or at least not be straight up about who you are. I guess that's why I like a lot of the posters from Maryville and Alcoa, because they came up to me years ago and introduced themselves.Every now and then I tell how RR from Maryville walked up behind me and said ," Batman ".Yes,my first thoughts were to go back to my old martial arts days but like Stars and all those Maryville and Alcoa folks,he was a super nice guy.

• Like 2