Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

6 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

thanks. i will say this. if the hampton kids are shell shocked in terms of "bright lights big city game/deer in headlights" for even half a quarter this could be ugly. they, as derrick henry says, need to deliver hits right away or they will be delivered to you.  they need to brang da noise. too often the underdog approaches this kind of game too casually. they need to hit westview in the mouth from the get, metaphorically speaking. a big special teams hit, force a 3 and out or 2, this is a championship football game. attack immediately. catch them napping. 

Been around this team all year, they will be ready and focused. 

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

No offence to Hampton, but having seen Westview, and watching Hampton play on film, Westview appears to be better at every spot on the field. Daniel Boone is nowhere near the offense that Westview is and Daniel Boone had plenty of success offensively. Hampton has to be doing something right or they wouldn't be in the state championship. With that being said, I'll take Westview by 4 touchdowns.... and maybe more...

Daniel Boone was leading the team playing in the 4a State Championship in the 4th Quarter. Not sure we could have beat them if we were going 100 percent to do so, we never tried, all we wanted to do was get in and out of that game healthy and give ourselves a chance to have a run in the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

1.Lighten up Francis. No one, including you, can predict that. Is Westviews defense better than Trousdales? We all know they have a stud at QB. 

2. Get pressure on the QB. Contain him between the hash marks like the Titans did to the Ravens in the '19/'20 playoff game. 

3. Sustain drives to keep the WV offense off the field. Shorten the game. 

4. Turnovers, penalties, the unpredictable. 

5. If it becomes a shootout, be the last team to score. Manage timeouts effectively. Keep believing and fighting no matter what. You beat a great team last week and came from behind to do it. Dismissal of the victory (by WV sheep) over Trousdale in the semis is EXTREMELY unwise. 

6. Is Stud focused on the next level. What if he gets hit. Don't freak. I'm not advocating. I'm asking if he takes a lick or two does he start questioning "Why do I wanna risk multiple years under Saban for this?" For the Hampton kids, this the game of their lives. QB for WV immediately moves onto the bigger things. 

You know all this. 

Just a guess but my guess is we held Trousdale to the least amount of total yards and 1st downs than anyone has done in 100 years.  I know were facing a different animal this week, but you don't do that being a pitiful team.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Just a guess but my guess is we held Trousdale to the least amount of total yards and 1st downs than anyone has done in 100 years.  I know were facing a different animal this week, but you don't do that being a pitiful team.

dude i am sold. all TC does is win and they were up 2 scores on yall. yall didnt quit and found a way to get it done.  you had a couple rebuilding years but you are for real. i am not stirring the pot with westview people i legit think hampton belongs and can play with anyone. 

Edited by GeneralForrest

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

dude i am sold. all TC does is win and they were up 2 scores on yall. yall didnt quit and found a way to get it done.  you had a couple rebuilding years but you are for real. i am not stirring the pot with westview people i legit think hampton belongs and can play with anyone. 

I'll give props to Trousdale also, they denied us at the one yard line on 2 different occasions, That just don't happen to us, just shows you the Heart of Them Yellow Jackets.

6 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

And I'm not predicting a win or anything of the sort, just were not anyone's ragdolls.

54 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I'm all good. I'd like to see Westview win, but no allegiance to that team or school.

I wanted to see how Westview and Hampton stack up against each other and was actually surprised when I watched the Hampton/Boone game and some of the Hampton/Rockwood game. I just feel that Hampton is more of a Huntingdon. Huntingdon moved the ball on Westview some, but the problem was them stopping Westview which they didn't.

How many Hampton kids play on both sides of the ball?

Boone was good and we were very vanilla in that one and for good reason. 

Answer to your question is "11", but we're hoping they'll let us play more than 11 on Saturday :roflolk:

43 minutes ago, Chargermama said:

Absolutely. I think most people forget he is human. But I also think so many forget there are more players on the field for WV than just him. I think it will be a hard fought game for both teams and should be a great one to be in the stands for. 

EXACLTY! He's dang good, but I see A LOT of dang good players on the field with him and most help make him look even better! D sure seems to be good enuf to keep him on the field a lot too!

I understand you all are good people, passionate and sociable! Good to hear and maybe get to meet a few of you.

39 minutes ago, pujo said:

Been around this team all year, they will be ready and focused. 

I raised mine focused, didn't you? Got a good crew of parents that did the same...It's contagious I hear 

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

The General, over here with the DOGS! Good to hear from ya GF. We're hoping to just play disciplined and clean and be there late in the 4th....Then, who knows!