Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

10 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Hampton has had some time to hear over and over how the East is weak,  West winning is a foregone conclusion, and now they have this Westview kid shoved down their throat all week. The Riverside people said Westview had some vulnerabilities up front on both sides.  I expect Hampton to come out fired up and intense. 

We are accustomed to hearing how weak we are up here and how we can't compete with anyone west of Knoxville. We can have dry spells for sure but every 5-7 years we have one of those teams that, if healthy, can play with anybody, anywhere. We had one of those in '15 and now we have one this year. WV's weaknesses are evident (just like ours) but taking advantage of them is a different story...We'll step off the bus with the right attitude. May or may not show on the score board tho; Should know in about 72 hours 

57 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Hampton has had some time to hear over and over how the East is weak,  West winning is a foregone conclusion, and now they have this Westview kid shoved down their throat all week. The Riverside people said Westview had some vulnerabilities up front on both sides.  I expect Hampton to come out fired up and intense. 

Its been a given since the 1st of the season that region 1 and 2  was nothing more than a speed bump for the top teams in region 3 and 4.  Wasn't Trousdale people but others in those regions picking Trousdale to whip us like a tied monkey.  This Monkey don't whoop that easy,  At least the Westview faithful and not on here trashing our team. I said last week that Trousdale was being very respectful whether they believed it or not.  We don't really care what anyone believes, Were not coming down there for a photo op, it won't take but a few plays to figure that out.  Its no secret were playing a fine team  but we think we're another one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wes88 said:

After reading through this tread I don't think there is one Westview fan on it saying that Hampton will be easy. Some of the hyperbole is coming from fans of teams that Martin  has  played. I expect this to be the toughest game Westview has had to play.

Agree ,nothing but respect ,both ways, neither are in Hoochi by accident.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Its been a given since the 1st of the season that region 1 and 2  was nothing more than a speed bump for the top teams in region 3 and 4.  Wasn't Trousdale people but others in those regions picking Trousdale to whip us like a tied monkey.  This Monkey don't whoop that easy,  At least the Westview faithful and not on here trashing our team. I said last week that Trousdale was being very respectful whether they believed it or not.  We don't really care what anyone believes, Were not coming down there for a photo op, it won't take but a few plays to figure that out.  Its no secret were playing a fine team  but we think we're another one.

At the beginning of the season I thought a region 3 or 4 team would be in Chattanooga but after watching Hampton vs Oneida I had a different perspective. I watched the Trousdale game and knew that Hampton would be ok down 20-8. Hamptons size and the way they just run the ball down your throat I don't believe anyone in region 3 or 4 could have beat them honestly. Sometimes it's just your time to be the top dog and this year was Hamptons. 

25 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

At the beginning of the season I thought a region 3 or 4 team would be in Chattanooga but after watching Hampton vs Oneida I had a different perspective. I watched the Trousdale game and knew that Hampton would be ok down 20-8. Hamptons size and the way they just run the ball down your throat I don't believe anyone in region 3 or 4 could have beat them honestly. Sometimes it's just your time to be the top dog and this year was Hamptons. 

Good post PP. And THANK GOD it's finally our time! I am out of boys after this one :roflolk:

• Upvote 1