Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

4 hours ago, crow said:

:roflol:

No, wait. . . Hol up! He serious?

I'm dead serious. Ive watched Westview play all 3 and have watched Huntingdon play Peabody. They would beat Hampton. Im not trying to be disrespectful just calling it like I see it. The state championship in 2a was played 3 weeks ago in Martin when MAHS came to town. Just my opinion. Everyone has one

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

You disagree with what, other than just posting a donkey post

It was in reference to your statement about the 2 best teams in 2a being in the final. I mean if you couldn't gather what I was referencing then I'm not sure what to tell ya. I politely disagreed with that sentiment and stated why. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rebfan11986 said:

I'm dead serious. Ive watched Westview play all 3 and have watched Huntingdon play Peabody. They would beat Hampton. Im not trying to be disrespectful just calling it like I see it. The state championship in 2a was played 3 weeks ago in Martin when MAHS came to town. Just my opinion. Everyone has one

I totally agree! 

Edited by vandyfan1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Grunt said:

LOL. They always come out of the woodwork,  after the fact. Never shows up before the kickoff.

Most of the people this way aren't blow hards like some of you fellas. You guys took over this thread and blew a bunch of hot air basically. We didn't have to talk smack. We let the kids handle thier business. We support our kids and our area and congratulate all teams after hard fought playoff battles...win or lose. We didn't have to come out of the "wood work ". We have faith in our kids like you guys have in yours. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Game's over. Glad to be home. WV beat 11 young men from Carter Co but check the TSSAA stats. They didn't beat a bunch of chumps. 

I don’t want any of you Hampton fans to ever think I personally was calling anybody chumps or try to take anything from Hampton. I just knew what kind of beast Westview is. I want to congratulate you guys on making it to State and getting that silver! Many many many players, coaches, and fans can only wish for that. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of noise y’all make next year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Agreed with this post. First, hats off to Westview for an outstanding season. It does take some luck to win a state championship. I thought MAHS would be the team to compete with Westview. MAHS had about 4 turnovers in that game against Westview. There's an 80% chance MAHS wouldn't turn the ball over 4 times if they were to play Westview tonight. I would also say MAHS allowed a total of 24 points to Huntingdon and Westview combined (both season low for each team). The fewest amount of points Westview scored all season was 29 to Peabody.

Congratulations to them, the defense is what won them the title. They played 15 games and allowed more than 20 points in two games all season.

I concur. I do have to correct ya tho, MAHS has 8 turnovers against Westview. Ha. They pretty much turned the ball over on each possession. 4 ints, 2 fumbles, and 2 TOD. Westview Defense was kind of bend but not break in some games but when it mattered they always stepped up and made plays.

Edited by rebfan11986
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don’t want any of you Hampton fans to ever think I personally was calling anybody chumps or try to take anything from Hampton. I just knew what kind of beast Westview is. I want to congratulate you guys on making it to State and getting that silver! Many many many players, coaches, and fans can only wish for that. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of noise y’all make next year.

I hope we can next year. Lose some big pieces but it's possible. Lunsford and few others return. Time to get to work 

1 hour ago, rebfan11986 said:

I concur. I do have to correct ya tho, MAHS has 8 turnovers against Westview. Ha. They pretty much turned the ball over on each possession. 4 ints, 2 fumbles, and 2 TOD. Westview Defense was kind of bend but not break in some games but when it mattered they always stepped up and made plays.

And you could always guarantee Westview’s defense would make adjustments after halftime and shut their opponent down in the 2nd half! Would love to see the 1st half points allowed vs 2nd half points allowed stats. I’m sure it wouldn’t even be close!!

• Like 1

Congrats to Hampton on a fantastic season. Proud of the way this team played all year. You will always be remembered as the first team to make it all the way to the championship game. You have shown that it can be accomplished with hard work, determination and grit.

Congrats to Westview in winning your first gold ball. 

I really thought Hampton would stick with the game plan and not panic when they got down a couple of scores but they didn’t. Just like several other teams did this year like Huntingdon, Fairley, and MAHS. Westview just had way too many athletes in the secondary to throw lazy deep balls. The defensive backs were basically their receivers and they proved all year that they can go catch a ball. #12 and #17 specifically were huge on both sides of the ball. Martin’s radio station said before the game that the turnover for the year ratio was -32 with 25 interceptions for the year. You win a bunch of games when you win the turnover battle.