Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

41 minutes ago, crow said:

It looked to me like Hampton trying things offensively they weren’t really wanting to do in an attempt to overcome the early lead WV had. If Hampton had stayed in their grind it out power game I’m sure it would’ve been closer and for longer but it seemed the Hampton coach was trying to pull out all the stops if you will to try to get back in the game. Sort of a high risk high reward scenario. It didn’t pan out and ultimately aided in the WV lopsided victory by not keeping their offense off the field but in the end 1 or 50 points an L is an L. No extra credit on the win loss column for keeping it close. Do everything you can to try to win. Sometimes it doesn’t work out. The better team won but at least both players and coaches won’t have any “what if” regrets. Just my take. 

Exactly and 3 turnovers and a fake punt left short fields, when the wheels fly off ,it gets real bumpy. 

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

So SP who beat Cloudland by 8 and was VERY fortunate to win is Better than everyone in 1a and 2a.You're logic don't add up. McKenzie Thrashed Huntingdon who beat Peabody who beat Westview.

If you look at total yards didn’t y’all have close to 350 yards of offense right. If you all QB sneak more than likely you score before the half to make it 28-21 at the half. Really thought that hurt what you wanted to do on offense in the 2nd half. Westview didn’t score on there 1st series of the 2nd half did they can’t remember.

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No they couldn’t have. Alcoa’s enrollment this last cycle was 600+ which put them in 3A. They could have elected to play up in 4A but could not have chosen to play down. 

They elected to stay in 2A (3A-4A playoffs) under the Z plan a few years back I believe but yes you are correct about the current reclassification. 

14 minutes ago, pujo said:

Exactly and 3 turnovers and a fake punt left short fields, when the wheels fly off ,it gets real bumpy. 

Yes the turnovers, at least a couple of them were a result of trying to climb back into the ballgame, fake punt same thing. If your losing might as well give ‘er ya know. No extra credit for a close loss. Still a special year. 

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No they couldn’t have. Alcoa’s enrollment this last cycle was 600+ which put them in 3A. They could have elected to play up in 4A but could not have chosen to play down. 

13 minutes ago, crow said:

They elected to stay in 2A (3A-4A playoffs) under the Z plan a few years back I believe but yes you are correct about the current reclassification. 

^^This^^...Believe me, a couple cycles back, Alcoa could've dropped to 2A but stayed in 3A. Sorry for not being clear in my post

47 minutes ago, pujo said:

We blew too many blocking assignments but, as expected, they were bringing the house. Still, watching the film, it's hard to believe the horse collars, face masks and holds that weren't called. A couple of those could've been huge to keep it closer....Seemed WV played the perfect game huh 

31 minutes ago, crow said:

Yes the turnovers, at least a couple of them were a result of trying to climb back into the ballgame, fake punt same thing. If your losing might as well give ‘er ya know. No extra credit for a close loss. Still a special year. 

You know as well as I do, when you're playing the same 11 both ways, mistakes and breakdowns take it out of you faster than anything...Could not afford that vs a team like them.

Edited by uknoit2