Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

6 hours ago, pujo said:

Yeah they need to figure out what went with 110 students and yet were able to keep all the football players. My guess is they flat out cheated to avoid Alcoa so golden boy could win a state championship. I could be totally wrong but I've never seen a small school lose that many students in such a small amount of time. Anyone know of another situation like this.

Man, those are some big accusations. Have you done any research to find out what might have happened for enrollment to go down 110 from 2016 to 2020? Has the population gone down? Maybe a factory shut down, or a private school opened in Martin, or homeschool numbers went up, or the fact that it is a rural community with no industry and the university is the county’s largest employer with lots of turnover in the workforce. Maybe kids left to go play sports at other schools? I know nothing about the area but a quick search may give some insight. Or maybe it is just sour grapes? A silver ball is an accomplishment that tons of schools would love to have, don’t diminish it by being shallow and petty by making any imaginable excuse as to why your team lost. 

25 minutes ago, DBoone said:

Man, those are some big accusations. Have you done any research to find out what might have happened for enrollment to go down 110 from 2016 to 2020? Has the population gone down? Maybe a factory shut down, or a private school opened in Martin, or homeschool numbers went up, or the fact that it is a rural community with no industry and the university is the county’s largest employer with lots of turnover in the workforce. Maybe kids left to go play sports at other schools? I know nothing about the area but a quick search may give some insight. Or maybe it is just sour grapes? A silver ball is an accomplishment that tons of schools would love to have, don’t diminish it by being shallow and petty by making any imaginable excuse as to why your team lost. 

And it ain’t like they would have won the gold ball if Martin wasn’t in 2a. There was at least three other 2a schools from the west that would have beaten them by 3 or 4 tds. Those 3 schools should be the ones mad and they haven’t said anything. 

Edited by horse

32 minutes ago, horse said:

And it ain’t like they would have won the gold ball if Martin wasn’t in 2a. There was at least three other 2a schools from the west that would have beaten them by 3 or 4 tds. Those 3 schools should be the ones mad and they haven’t said anything. 

All about matchups and Westview was a nightmare matchup for us. Shoot I'm not even close to mad, we had a great year and made school history. May never get this far again.

1 hour ago, DBoone said:

Losing 110 students and still dressing the same amount of players seems strange, either getting several transfers or non football people moving out. 

1 hour ago, DBoone said:

Population has actually went up.

1 hour ago, DBoone said:

I’m a Westview alumni, classes are not as big as they was when I was in school. Kids parents leave town to go to other cities. Enrollment as the years have gone on has gone down it’s just not as many kids in Martin schools as it was before. A lot of people over the years have graduated Martin and left which means less kids in the long run actually in school here. There are a lot of kids being homeschooled now in this area as a lot of kids parents are well off financially and rather have their kids educated privately. Only reason they not in private school as it is too far away from Martin to drive every day. Justin Harrell lives in humboldt his kids will go to private schools in Jackson more than likely. It is some sort of private school here for very small children but I don’t know enough about it to speak on. Huntingdon, MAHS, and Riverside were all very good. We knew we had to face at least 2/3 of them and that we did. The chips just fell our way this season. Not to mention huntingdon nearly beat MAHS IN MEMPHIS. So let that say how good they were it was like 8-7. Riverside was good they just didn’t have the offense to keep up. We were just a bad matchup for huntingdon but they hung in there with us then turned around and beat Trenton. We got knocked down into 2A due to enrollment numbers. Westview has been 2a before some people don’t know that but they have. We were when I was there my freshman year then moved up and down again. Yes every player on Westview team is from Martin cause I was in school with their older siblings and know some of their parents. I hate this was so long but I promise you we are legit. So is Huntingdon and riverside.

7 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I’m a Westview alumni, classes are not as big as they was when I was in school. Kids parents leave town to go to other cities. Enrollment as the years have gone on has gone down it’s just not as many kids in Martin schools as it was before. A lot of people over the years have graduated Martin and left which means less kids in the long run actually in school here. There are a lot of kids being homeschooled now in this area as a lot of kids parents are well off financially and rather have their kids educated privately. Only reason they not in private school as it is too far away from Martin to drive every day. Justin Harrell lives in humboldt his kids will go to private schools in Jackson more than likely. It is some sort of private school here for very small children but I don’t know enough about it to speak on. Huntingdon, MAHS, and Riverside were all very good. We knew we had to face at least 2/3 of them and that we did. The chips just fell our way this season. Not to mention huntingdon nearly beat MAHS IN MEMPHIS. So let that say how good they were it was like 8-7. Riverside was good they just didn’t have the offense to keep up. We were just a bad matchup for huntingdon but they hung in there with us then turned around and beat Trenton. We got knocked down into 2A due to enrollment numbers. Westview has been 2a before some people don’t know that but they have. We were when I was there my freshman year then moved up and down again. Yes every player on Westview team is from Martin cause I was in school with their older siblings and know some of their parents. I hate this was so long but I promise you we are legit. So is Huntingdon and riverside.

Think MAHS was the most talented, just not as sound, you guys were sound in every phase, great team.

2 hours ago, horse said:

Get back in your stall. Have to call Butchie out of retirement to break you again?

27 minutes ago, Pops1968 said:

Just being honest here , Hampton would be a 4th seed in Region 7-2A behind 

1 -Martin Westview  Chargers 

2- Huntingdon Mustangs 

3- Union City Tornadoes

4- Hampton Bulldogs 

We were a good run stopping team, not much on stopping the pass or a really good mobile QB.