Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

On 12/10/2021 at 9:27 PM, Roy Dillard said:

Horsestank i said back in regular season you fellars would lose in the second round and you did.  Biggest choke artist ever is Swenson man.  You think im joking but im not.

Careful not to hurt Ole horse’s feelings Roy. He’s liable to go off the deep end again and get put in coachT jail like he did a few weeks ago.  You think I’m joking but I’m not. Lol. 

59 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Careful not to hurt Ole horse’s feelings Roy. He’s liable to go off the deep end again and get put in coachT jail like he did a few weeks ago.  You think I’m joking but I’m not. Lol. 

Little buddy id go off the the deep end to if I was ole horse stank and get upset every year in the second round.  You think im joking but im not.

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Little buddy id go off the the deep end to if I was ole horse stank and get upset every year in the second round.  You think im joking but im not.

That was my point the other day when they said HT would beat Hampton.How can you say that when you cant get to the finals.We heard it for 4 years straight how good HT was and they got beat by Cornersville and so on and on.You cant beat Hampton if you cant make it.So how can you compare yourself.SMH!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

That was my point the other day when they said HT would beat Hampton.How can you say that when you cant get to the finals.We heard it for 4 years straight how good HT was and they got beat by Cornersville and so on and on.You cant beat Hampton if you cant make it.So how can you compare yourself.SMH!

O&b man them mustanks cant even get to the third round.  You think im joking but im not.

Don't let a couple of Huntingdon posters make you all think that. Yeah we don't make it as far as we would like every year, but not many teams do. We are never the biggest, fastest, strongest team, but we will be competitive and win a lot more than we probably shouldn't. We are also never the "self proclaimed" state champions. That gets thrown around here on the T from year to year, but it isn't always the Huntingdon posters. Yet we get trashed around on here by everyone. We ran into a better MAHS team with a lot of seniors and lost by a point. We will work and try to be better next year.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Pal, we are so used to being dogged by the west and even teams west of us Lol. They come out of the woodwork everytime we have a lil success in any sport 

17 hours ago, TheLongestYard said:

Don't let a couple of Huntingdon posters make you all think that. Yeah we don't make it as far as we would like every year, but not many teams do. We are never the biggest, fastest, strongest team, but we will be competitive and win a lot more than we probably shouldn't. We are also never the "self proclaimed" state champions. That gets thrown around here on the T from year to year, but it isn't always the Huntingdon posters. Yet we get trashed around on here by everyone. We ran into a better MAHS team with a lot of seniors and lost by a point. We will work and try to be better next year.

See, that's the funny thing to me... It's always outsiders that try to put the crown on Huntingdon mid-season. Then when Huntingdon fans post in support of their team, certain ones (usually the same ones) never fail to start chest thumping about how all Huntingdon fans said this team was world beaters. Not a single Huntingdon fan all year said we were the favorites to come out of the West. 

You're right Roy. We DID get beat in the 2nd round. We played Memphis' All-Star team with 30+ seniors and got beat. The point was never that Huntingdon would win the state title. No one from Huntingdon has said that. The point is that there were 3 other good teams in the West that all could have won the state title had they been in Westview's place. In my completely subjective opinion, the Gold ball was coming back to the West regardless of who Hampton was up against. Folks can agree or disagree all they want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

See, that's the funny thing to me... It's always outsiders that try to put the crown on Huntingdon mid-season. Then when Huntingdon fans post in support of their team, certain ones (usually the same ones) never fail to start chest thumping about how all Huntingdon fans said this team was world beaters. Not a single Huntingdon fan all year said we were the favorites to come out of the West. 

You're right Roy. We DID get beat in the 2nd round. We played Memphis' All-Star team with 30+ seniors and got beat. The point was never that Huntingdon would win the state title. No one from Huntingdon has said that. The point is that there were 3 other good teams in the West that all could have won the state title had they been in Westview's place. In my completely subjective opinion, the Gold ball was coming back to the West regardless of who Hampton was up against. Folks can agree or disagree all they want.

The West did not have another 2A team with the QB and receivers WV possessed. BUT, had we made the same mistakes against any other team in the state game, we would've likely lost. To act as if Hampton was an inferior team is laughable at best 

18 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

The West did not have another 2A team with the QB and receivers WV possessed. BUT, had we made the same mistakes against any other team in the state game, we would've likely lost. To act as if Hampton was an inferior team is laughable at best 

Oh I completely agree,The QB was the difference maker along with timely mistakes by Hampton and a little bad play calling.No other team in the West had that caliber of QB.It would have been a 4 quarter slugfest with any other team in my opinion.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Oh I completely agree,The QB was the difference maker along with timely mistakes by Hampton and a little bad play calling.No other team in the West had that caliber of QB.It would have been a 4 quarter slugfest with any other team in my opinion.

I think we don't make the mistakes, it's a better ballgame... Was still a blast to be there!

30 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We need to be in prayer for coach Mike Lunsford and his family.  His house burned to the ground last night.  No one was hurt but this is terrible around Christmas time 

I was just coming to post about this...This is horrible and what a time for it to happen. Our prayers and support for Mike and the family