Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

On 11/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, WesTNFootball said:

I’ll take Westview 28-14, only 28 because of time of possession. Hampton will chew the clock, Westview will score quick. 

...you got half of your prediction correct. WV is explosive and their defense is better than people were giving them credit for. Great season for both programs. Nothing to be ashamed of to get a Silver one in the first appearance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crow said:

I’m certain of it :grin:

2 hours ago, Grunt said:

LOL. They always come out of the woodwork,  after the fact. Never shows up before the kickoff.

1 hour ago, RiversideP said:

MAHS, Huntington, and riverside I believe all have great chance of beating Hampton. Much closers games as all 3 team offense wasn’t as explosive, but all 3 defenses would have been way more suited to stop Hamptons offense than Westview 

Game's over. Glad to be home. WV beat 11 young men from Carter Co but check the TSSAA stats. They didn't beat a bunch of chumps. 

4 hours ago, rebfan11986 said:

I disagree. No disrespect to Hampton whatsoever because they are an awfully good football team, but Huntingdon and MAHS would handle the Dawgs as well. 

Agreed with this post. First, hats off to Westview for an outstanding season. It does take some luck to win a state championship. I thought MAHS would be the team to compete with Westview. MAHS had about 4 turnovers in that game against Westview. There's an 80% chance MAHS wouldn't turn the ball over 4 times if they were to play Westview tonight. I would also say MAHS allowed a total of 24 points to Huntingdon and Westview combined (both season low for each team). The fewest amount of points Westview scored all season was 29 to Peabody.

Congratulations to them, the defense is what won them the title. They played 15 games and allowed more than 20 points in two games all season.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yep you still got a silver ball!

Yep. There are a bunch of teams in this state that would love a silver ball in their case. 

Congrats to Westview. They were the best team in 2a this year and deserve it.

Congrats to Hampton on a great season.

• Like 1