Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

14 minutes ago, harley04 said:

Been heck of a ride fellows, enjoyed reading and watching Hampton this year. W View team reminded me of Alcoa, That 1st drive was beautiful and gave us hope 9 plus min.. I hope that QB stays in state he is best I have seen in long time. congrats on best year ever. :mrgreen: 

I’m assuming you are talking about the Westview qb, TY Simpson. He committed to Alabama many months ago. 

8 hours ago, rebfan11986 said:

I concur. I do have to correct ya tho, MAHS has 8 turnovers against Westview. Ha. They pretty much turned the ball over on each possession. 4 ints, 2 fumbles, and 2 TOD. Westview Defense was kind of bend but not break in some games but when it mattered they always stepped up and made plays.

Good post. Why everyone was talking about Westview's offense being great, the Martin folks knew they had a very good defense as well. I was told this past week that in the prior 6 games, Westview hadn't allowed a TD or a point in the 2nd half. I guess that makes that 7 now, but Westview had an all around great 3 phase game. I was also at the Peabody game that WV lost early in the season, and I was proud of my fellow Gibson County team for winning...but Westview got hosed by officiating in that game on at least 3 calls and WV had a field goal that was good before halftime, but was called no good. The Peabody tv? control people quit playing it on the replay tvs during halftime, because they knew it was a bad call. It happens in every game a call or two, here or there, but it wasn't even close to being a miss. I have a lot of respect for WV due to their fanbase and their class in all situation and games. 

Great season by both Westview and Hampton. Nothing to hold anyone's head down about. You'll be back and congrats to both programs. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

? If Westview would of stayed 3a would they of snapped Alcoa streak of 7 straight this year.

I don't believe they could have in all honesty. All of Westview's players are local and grew up there, and went to school in Martin..so there are e a couple of disadvantages for Westview in the comparison of the two schools/programs and where all of their players who are on the team are from. That's not a slight to Alcoa, but that's the honest truth. 

I do think WV would have been able to put points up on them, but Alcoa is Alcoa and the rest of the State understands what they're up against in 3A with Alcoa and even with dealing with Maryville as well in 6A.

Westview's QB would've still been the best player on the field in that contest, but it takes 11 and I believe Alcoa's line play would've probably been too much for Westview considering the "depth" of Alcoa. 

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

? If Westview would of stayed 3a would they of snapped Alcoa streak of 7 straight this year.

Absolutely not!  Westview got very fortunate to get moved down to 2A and they took full advantage.  If they were still in 3A they would not even been in the Quarters. Maybe the 3rd seed in the new Region.  They don't beat Dyersburg or Covington this year.  IMO!  Since Simpson was a freshman they didn't have much luck in Region 7 3A.  And lets just look at what they did vs the top teams in that region.  

2018 2-8

vs. Milan L 60-28 

vs. Covington L 45-6 They were the State runner up that year losing 21-14 to Alcoa 

vs. South Gibson L 46-41

2019 6-5 

vs. Milan L 60-28 2nd in the Region

vs. Covington L 53-7 State Semi-Finals

vs. South Gibson L 42-41 Region Champion 

2020 7-5 

vs. Milan L 29-6 State runner up and lost to Alcoa 35-0

vs. Covington L 48-0  Covid put them out of the playoffs 

vs. South Gibson L 26-19  L 21-17 2nd Rd of Playoffs 

Now they improved in overall record every year but were the 4th seed the last two years.  This year like I said they are probably the 3rd seed because they did beat Ripley.  

Congrats to Westview for winning the 2A State Championship but saying they could play with Alcoa when they couldn't even win the 3A region is laughable 

• Like 1