Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

And that's all you can ask of a kid. O line didn't make #9 the holes he needed to get going. Hated it for him. 

Like I told you at our place in the quarters. Ain’t no shame losing to a better team. You can’t control how good or how prepared your opponent is. There’s not a thing you can do about that. All you can do is prepare and perform to the best of your ability. If the other team is better then so be it. It’s not as much about the outcome. Some did everything they possibly could their entire life to be ready for a game like that. No shame there. Those that didn’t prepare or perform to their maximum potential know it and that’s on them. Hopefully they use that as inspiration moving forward in life. No blame to any specific person or player either expressed or implied. Just in general. The better team won as they should. I would’ve traded places with Hampton in a heartbeat even if I had known the outcome. Even silver is a special year. 

Congrats to Westview, Picked you to win it all to start the season, Didn't really think you would be playing us but thought we might have a Chance of getting there. Proud of our kids, proved a lot of people wrong. Matchups are huge and you were a nightmare matchup for us, We wanted to just pound the ball and keep the ball all night and we had to alter that in our 1st drive, once you go away from you're game plan,it usually kills you eventually and it did us, I'm sure we could have kept it closer but were playing to win even if it got us destroyed. A loss is a loss.  We for sure lost to the best team in 2a. HATS OFF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Hampton had a couple bad plays go against them and got away form their gameplan. There are multiple scenarios where this game is much closer. 

Riverside. RIVERSIDE, was head of Westview at halftime and had 18 points. Riverside was scoreless against Forrest at the half and finished with 15 points. It's all meaningless.  Saying this or that team would've beaten Hampton- it's just stupid. It's pointless. They weren't there. They didn't make it to the game. Hampton did. 

If Hampton has 4-5 plays go their way its a nailbiter. Anyone who understands football will get that. I'll name an example 5. The two dimes #6 threw, the coverage was a not bad. They were 1 on 1 and could've gone incomplete, a pick, etc. Hampton's fumble, the disastrous series inside the 5 right before half.   The two picks. That's 6, 

#6 killed more with his feet but when you give up TWO dimes back to back you leave that open. They panicked more on defense than they did offense. But the drive before half they neglected to put their beef in and run right at Westview and I am not sure why. 

Super Bowls are often blowouts. They are the highest of high adrenaline games. The biggest emotional crashes come in these type games too. 

Dissing Hampton's body of work, including  a come from behind against Trousdale, who could hang with any team in 1A or 2A, is foolish. 

You actually GET IT general.Great post.

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Hampton had a couple bad plays go against them and got away form their gameplan. There are multiple scenarios where this game is much closer. 

Riverside. RIVERSIDE, was head of Westview at halftime and had 18 points. Riverside was scoreless against Forrest at the half and finished with 15 points. It's all meaningless.  Saying this or that team would've beaten Hampton- it's just stupid. It's pointless. They weren't there. They didn't make it to the game. Hampton did. 

If Hampton has 4-5 plays go their way its a nailbiter. Anyone who understands football will get that. I'll name an example 5. The two dimes #6 threw, the coverage was a not bad. They were 1 on 1 and could've gone incomplete, a pick, etc. Hampton's fumble, the disastrous series inside the 5 right before half.   The two picks. That's 6, 

#6 killed more with his feet but when you give up TWO dimes back to back you leave that open. They panicked more on defense than they did offense. But the drive before half they neglected to put their beef in and run right at Westview and I am not sure why. 

Super Bowls are often blowouts. They are the highest of high adrenaline games. The biggest emotional crashes come in these type games too. 

Dissing Hampton's body of work, including  a come from behind against Trousdale, who could hang with any team in 1A or 2A, is foolish. 

100% Agree General 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

22 minutes ago, crow said:

Like I told you at our place in the quarters. Ain’t no shame losing to a better team. You can’t control how good or how prepared your opponent is. There’s not a thing you can do about that. All you can do is prepare and perform to the best of your ability. If the other team is better then so be it. It’s not as much about the outcome. Some did everything they possibly could their entire life to be ready for a game like that. No shame there. Those that didn’t prepare or perform to their maximum potential know it and that’s on them. Hopefully they use that as inspiration moving forward in life. No blame to any specific person or player either expressed or implied. Just in general. The better team won as they should. I would’ve traded places with Hampton in a heartbeat even if I had known the outcome. Even silver is a special year. 

Agreed!  It was GREAT to be there. Sure, we didn't perform as we could have every play and made some BIG mistakes. Should it have been a tighter game? Yes, but not laying the L on any one player. It's a game and we lose sight of that sometimes. 

ps. Yesterday had a GCA'ish feeling to it :roflolk:

31 minutes ago, pujo said:

Congrats to Westview, Picked you to win it all to start the season, Didn't really think you would be playing us but thought we might have a Chance of getting there. Proud of our kids, proved a lot of people wrong. Matchups are huge and you were a nightmare matchup for us, We wanted to just pound the ball and keep the ball all night and we had to alter that in our 1st drive, once you go away from you're game plan,it usually kills you eventually and it did us, I'm sure we could have kept it closer but were playing to win even if it got us destroyed. A loss is a loss.  We for sure lost to the best team in 2a. HATS OFF.

Eh, there's a couple who makes it hard to compliment em. Know what I mean? Reminds me of another past team we used to play in playoffs.

Glad you made it home safely. You and I been teamed up about 10 years and gonna miss the connection of having kids on the field together.  Been real!

Can't wait to see Levi next year. I know he'll work hard and be a beast!

I guess I didn’t bat 0% after all. I tried to tell everyone in the East in 2A what was coming. The forward pass is a game changer in the lower classifications. Hampton had a great year and nothing to be ashamed of. Respect for making it as far as you did. Simpson is just a stud though. Roll Tide! I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

Eh, there's a couple who makes it hard to compliment em. Know what I mean? Reminds me of another past team we used to play in playoffs.

Glad you made it home safely. You and I been teamed up about 10 years and gonna miss the connection of having kids on the field together.  Been real!

Can't wait to see Levi next year. I know he'll work hard and be a beast!

Gonna miss you ALL in a huge way, been a Great ride, as for 9 ,he's ready to go to work NOW.  As far as foolish people, its best to just ignore um. We didn't have a thing to prove to anyone, just a bunch of kids ,living a dream.

Alcoa would EAT Westview! Their athletes would beast Westview. Westview’s guys. Come on kinfolk! They couldn’t beat Peabody this year because Peabody had the athletes to combat Westview and Simpson. Be thankful Peabody and McKenzie went down to 1A. I’m just keeping it real 

Edited by TyroneBiggums