Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

32 minutes ago, Appvol said:

No I just wanted everyone opinion since some are trying to discredit what Hampton accomplished this year. Seems like Westview was very lucky with the new realignment and getting in 2a plus some 2a schools going to 1a.

I watched the whole first half.  Those big plays down field by Westview we’re back breakers.  Even more so was the stop on the half yard line before the half.  I was pulling for you Hampton.  That Jones boy sure is tough and leaves it all on the field.  I wish we  had a couple guys like him on our team.  Take away Simpson and Hampton probably wins State.  Simpson is definitely as advertised.  Good luck to him at Bama.  

16 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I watched the whole first half.  Those big plays down field by Westview we’re back breakers.  Even more so was the stop on the half yard line before the half.  I was pulling for you Hampton.  That Jones boy sure is tough and leaves it all on the field.  I wish we  had a couple guys like him on our team.  Take away Simpson and Hampton probably wins State.  Simpson is definitely as advertised.  Good luck to him at Bama.  

Thanks PM...He'll appreciate that 

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Take away Simpson there probably would have been two or  three others schools from the west with a chance to win the gold ball. 

Edited by horse

No disrespect meant towards Hampton, but Westview won this game with a running clock. Several teams in the west gave them competitive games. Huntingdon, MAHS, and Riverside all played Westview pretty tough. While I think Hampton could've contended a bit better with 2 of those 3 teams, I still don't think they beat any of them. Again, no disrespect.. the west was just deep this year in 2A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

No I just wanted everyone opinion since some are trying to discredit what Hampton accomplished this year. Seems like Westview was very lucky with the new realignment and getting in 2a plus some 2a schools going to 1a.

Everything fell just right for Westview. Dropping to 2A helped, but without Simpson it wouldn't have mattered. The Chargers were head and shoulders better this season than in the past 20 or so years, and maybe their best team in wayyy longer than that. As good as Simpson is, the team wouldn't be what they are without him personnel wise either...there were kids on the field this year that wouldn't have been without knowing their odds of a gold ball went through the roof with his talent.

As far as Hampton goes, they don't need validation from outside. They got there by being great at what they do, not by being fancy. Good solid kids playing for each other and doing their job every play, and that wins more often than not. Just as sure as I am that they're disappointed with silver and would love to play the game again, I'm also just as sure that the community couldn't be more proud of them if they'd won. All this hooey about who from the west would've beaten Hampton if they played is not pointless because Hampton lost, it's because their team didn't earn the right to play for the championship and Hampton did. If everybody's opinion was as rock solid as they think there would have been about a 20 way tie in the big ones playoff contest with no wrong picks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

No disrespect meant towards Hampton, but Westview won this game with a running clock. Several teams in the west gave them competitive games. Huntingdon, MAHS, and Riverside all played Westview pretty tough. While I think Hampton could've contended a bit better with 2 of those 3 teams, I still don't think they beat any of them. Again, no disrespect.. the west was just deep this year in 2A.

If this was a court case, I could blow you're case out of water real easy, this who beat who by what goes both ways. Every game has its own Identity and got a TON to do with matchups.

6 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

I dont know Huntingdon always seems to lose the big one.I woukdnt put bo money on them for sure.

4 hours ago, pujo said:

If this was a court case, I could blow you're case out of water real easy, this who beat who by what goes both ways. Every game has its own Identity and got a TON to do with matchups.

I agree. And defensively all three of the teams I mentioned match up better with what Hampton wants to do on offense than what Westview does. Westview wasn't exactly known for their stellar run defense this year, but they shut down the Hampton offense. Huntingdon, Riverside, and MAHS all 3 are better defending the run than Westview.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I dont know Huntingdon always seems to lose the big one.I woukdnt put bo money on them for sure.

While I think I know what you were trying to say there, I'm not sure what Huntingdon has to do with Hampton getting beat by 40 by Westview. I mentioned 3 other teams in the West that would have also put up a good fight against Hampton.

23 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

While I think I know what you were trying to say there, I'm not sure what Huntingdon has to do with Hampton getting beat by 40 by Westview. I mentioned 3 other teams in the West that would have also put up a good fight against Hampton.

It looked to me like Hampton trying things offensively they weren’t really wanting to do in an attempt to overcome the early lead WV had. If Hampton had stayed in their grind it out power game I’m sure it would’ve been closer and for longer but it seemed the Hampton coach was trying to pull out all the stops if you will to try to get back in the game. Sort of a high risk high reward scenario. It didn’t pan out and ultimately aided in the WV lopsided victory by not keeping their offense off the field but in the end 1 or 50 points an L is an L. No extra credit on the win loss column for keeping it close. Do everything you can to try to win. Sometimes it doesn’t work out. The better team won but at least both players and coaches won’t have any “what if” regrets. Just my take. 

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

I agree. And defensively all three of the teams I mentioned match up better with what Hampton wants to do on offense than what Westview does. Westview wasn't exactly known for their stellar run defense this year, but they shut down the Hampton offense. Huntingdon, Riverside, and MAHS all 3 are better defending the run than Westview.

So SP who beat Cloudland by 8 and was VERY fortunate to win is Better than everyone in 1a and 2a.You're logic don't add up. McKenzie Thrashed Huntingdon who beat Peabody who beat Westview.