Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

4 hours ago, crow said:

It looked to me like Hampton trying things offensively they weren’t really wanting to do in an attempt to overcome the early lead WV had. If Hampton had stayed in their grind it out power game I’m sure it would’ve been closer and for longer but it seemed the Hampton coach was trying to pull out all the stops if you will to try to get back in the game. Sort of a high risk high reward scenario. It didn’t pan out and ultimately aided in the WV lopsided victory by not keeping their offense off the field but in the end 1 or 50 points an L is an L. No extra credit on the win loss column for keeping it close. Do everything you can to try to win. Sometimes it doesn’t work out. The better team won but at least both players and coaches won’t have any “what if” regrets. Just my take. 

the turnover was crucial but the final nails were getting no points end of 1st half then getting  apick and throwing 2 straight picks. its the game. stuff happens. doesn't negate Hampton's season at all. You lose 100-0 or 1-0 its a loss and it sucks. 

2 hours ago, pujo said:

People claiming prizes that they didn't win, We may have to put a guard over our Silver ball.lol

It's your tho.lol!!!Your boy got to play on the biggest stage in high school.NO ONE can take that away.I got a Gold in 87 biggest time in a young mans life in school.I remember it like yesterday. This will keep these boys together forever!

5 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Westview wasn't exactly known for their stellar run defense this year, but they shut down the Hampton offense.

you look dumber with every post. hampton ran it down westviews throat 1st drive, scored on 2 of first 3 possessions, then had 3 turnovers and went to a pass heavy attack, which was not their bread and butter. what game were you watching  

8 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

There were 1000 details and injuries involved too. TC had guys go down. Marion had a much less than 100% QB. Think Forrest would like to have that game back? Watertown lost to Gordy, I'm sure they'd like another shot. With TC too.  Meigs was DOMINANT for 3/4 of the year and didn't even make semis. It was a crazy season but Hampton deserves credit. So does Westview, obviously. 

All true.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It's your tho.lol!!!Your boy got to play on the biggest stage in high school.NO ONE can take that away.I got a Gold in 87 biggest time in a young mans life in school.I remember it like yesterday. This will keep these boys together forever!

Yep and nothing can take that away from these kids and School. Would have loved the Gold but we won as long as we could, Westview was the better team. Be the best you can be and you've accomplished a TON.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Yep and nothing can take that away from these kids and School. Would have loved the Gold but we won as long as we could, Westview was the better team. Be the best you can be and you've accomplished a TON.

Not only that but the experience the entire program gets from something like that. The real Rocket fans would KILL for that. not the pretenders who scoff at even the slightest criticism. But the ones who see this year after year and say "GIMME SOME OF THAT". Hampton got a taste. They are only gonna want more.

And Simpson is gone.  Hampton is a real team. A program. Forrest wishes they could get to that rung.

We have stalled in quarters 3 of the last 6 years. 2 of those games we should've won. BUT WE DIDN'T. Hampton WON those games. A defeat like this will stick in their craw all off season. The juniors will lead the way. I am officially a fan.

Always Forrest first but this Hampton story is a great one and it's the reason (I thought at least) that we love this sport.  

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

Not only that but the experience the entire program gets from something like that. The real Rocket fans would KILL for that. not the pretenders who scoff at even the slightest criticism. But the ones who see this year after year and say "GIMME SOME OF THAT". Hampton got a taste. They are only gonna want more.

And Simpson is gone.  Hampton is a real team. A program. Forrest wishes they could get to that rung.

We have stalled in quarters 3 of the last 6 years. 2 of those games we should've won. BUT WE DIDN'T. Hampton WON those games. A defeat like this will stick in their craw all off season. The juniors will lead the way. I am officially a fan.

Always Forrest first but this Hampton story is a great one and it's the reason (I thought at least) that we love this sport.  

You're program has always reminded me of you guys, pretty good all the time but never a complete powerhouse.

Just now, pujo said:

You're program has always reminded me of you guys, pretty good all the time but never a complete powerhouse.

Your two steps ahead of us brother.  Forrest has never made semis much less the big one. We are tough but unfortunately our fans are ok with 8-4 teams in bad regions. If there was true outrage with losses year after year to Riverside, Cornersville, East Robertson, and not being competitive against Marion, they would make a change. They don't so they obviously are ok with it. Forrest should've gone 9-1 and been playing Westview at home Thanksgiving weekend. "Should've" is the Forrest Coat of Arms.   

22 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

the turnover was crucial but the final nails were getting no points end of 1st half then getting  apick and throwing 2 straight picks. its the game. stuff happens. doesn't negate Hampton's season at all. You lose 100-0 or 1-0 its a loss and it sucks. 

Not in our eyes either...Did we throw more than one pic? I knew Simpson threw two...Wish it had been 5 LOL

5 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Your two steps ahead of us brother.  Forrest has never made semis much less the big one. We are tough but unfortunately our fans are ok with 8-4 teams in bad regions. If there was true outrage with losses year after year to Riverside, Cornersville, East Robertson, and not being competitive against Marion, they would make a change. They don't so they obviously are ok with it. Forrest should've gone 9-1 and been playing Westview at home Thanksgiving weekend. "Should've" is the Forrest Coat of Arms.   

The thing I love about us is ,we usually get the most outta what we got, this is small town rural football at its finest, rarely do we ever have a kid that can play at the college level but they work their rears off, coaches and players.