Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

41 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I think #9 will be able to tote the rock just fine to open up the passing game...He'll just have more carries per game than we've seen a single back have in a couple years. #15 could be a game changer out of the backfield too. Don't think we'll see us passing 30 times a game but #18 will need to have a major impact. There's a lot to look forward to IF they put in the work and put on size and IF they learned from the examples of the crew going out 

Yeah its not all bad, like you said, they'll have to work.

4 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

What are you even talking about? I'm talking matchups and how each team was playing at the end of the season... You are talking about the first game of the year when Huntingdon didn't even have a starting QB yet?

Lmao..

I'm talking 2A football. I'm not even saying Hampton was the best team in the East. They made the championship game, so kudos. My point is that it doesn't matter who HAMPTON played from the West. There were at least 4 teams in the West that would have likely beaten them. The team they played just happened to put a running clock on them.

I said what I said.

Anyone can make could be/should have statements about a game, when they don't have to back it up. You can't back it up, everybody knows it.   Fact is you weren't that good,  didn't make the cut. Come back next year& show all how good you would have been. WV has the gold ball in their case, Hampton has the silver in theirs. Nobody else is getting either.  You're making yourself look much less than a brain surgeon

35 minutes ago, TheLongestYard said:

Hats off to the QB for Hampton. That kid is a baller. Tough, smart, patient runner. Could sling it if needed. And came up hard and made perfect tackles on defense. Not to mention his demeanor and body language were impressive.

Agree. He got lost in the Simpson hype. That Hampton QB can start for me any day 

1 hour ago, TheLongestYard said:

Hats off to the QB for Hampton. That kid is a baller. Tough, smart, patient runner. Could sling it if needed. And came up hard and made perfect tackles on defense. Not to mention his demeanor and body language were impressive.

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Agree. He got lost in the Simpson hype. That Hampton QB can start for me any day 

55 minutes ago, FBI said:

Is the Hampton QB getting any looks from any D1-AA (FCS) schools as a DB or maybe WR? He's a FOOTBALL PLAYER!

I'll pass along you men's compliments. Not a lot of show/flare in this young man, just grit and love for the game. Up here, you don't get many college looks especially with the canceled games we had this season. We ran a run heavy O with 3-4 different rushers, so his numbers were good but weren't off the charts. His brother Coby, from the '15 semifinals team, plays college ball but not sure that's the desire of Conor. Hope he wants to go to work for his old man :wink:

Just now, ysoangry said:

Congrats to Westview on the win and Hampton on the silver. Really enjoyed listening to the game on the radio. Pretty impressive the QB for Hampton never left the field. True iron man football! 

Well, he wasn't in on every kickoff Lol. As impressive, IMO, are our linemen that are in on about every O & D play. Moving 300, 350, 370 lb every play has to be a darn chore. 

I watched this game today. Hampton ran into a buzzsaw and should hold their head high.

This game very much resembled the one I witnessed in person at Fairview. 

You don't see offenses that aggressive and efficient very often. Westview also has an above average defense and special teams.

It would be cool to know what their ceiling is right now. How would they stack up against the other champions? 

• Thanks 1