Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

39 minutes ago, pujo said:

Find it sorta ironic that Westview's enrollment went from 619 from the last classification to 509 this round, thats a huge drop-off. Think Daddy rabbit got coaches hired and whatever it took to get more exposure for his son. Amazing what goes on behind the scenes in A TON of schools.

His son was already committed to Bama before he even took a snap in 2A. Not sure what more exposure he would need lol 

1 hour ago, pujo said:

You can only get a verbal which is not binding for the school or the kid.

That's true, but the kid has 41 D1 offers per their local radio station. I think his exposure started in Jr High and continued on. His brother is like a 6th grader up there and already has an offer (verbal of course) from Oregon. Skill positions usually transcend classification levels, not to mention I believe he put up over 10K yardage (passing & rushing) in his high school career. When Clemson, UT, Texas, Bama, Georgia, LSU are flying in.....I don't think it hinged on the 2A games. IMO

3 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

That's true, but the kid has 41 D1 offers per their local radio station. I think his exposure started in Jr High and continued on. His brother is like a 6th grader up there and already has an offer (verbal of course) from Oregon. Skill positions usually transcend classification levels, not to mention I believe he put up over 10K yardage (passing & rushing) in his high school career. When Clemson, UT, Texas, Bama, Georgia, LSU are flying in.....I don't think it hinged on the 2A games. IMO

Pretty impressive, hope to see what both do as it goes along. 

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Pretty impressive, hope to see what both do as it goes along. 

I personally do not think he will touch the field until maybe year 3, but Saban knows something about football for sure. I wouldn't know his little brother if I saw him walking down the street, but I've heard he's got a cannon for an arm and is tracking like big brother did at that age. I agree. It'll be fun just watching to see how it turns out.

3 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I personally do not think he will touch the field until maybe year 3, but Saban knows something about football for sure. I wouldn't know his little brother if I saw him walking down the street, but I've heard he's got a cannon for an arm and is tracking like big brother did at that age. I agree. It'll be fun just watching to see how it turns out.

Always like to keep up with kids I see play, Hope they do well as I'm sure they've both put in a million hours.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Always like to keep up with kids I see play, Hope they do well as I'm sure they've both put in a million hours.

I don’t know the kid personally, but I did watch a video on YouTube where he talked about knowing he wont go down there and start day 1. Taking the “Mac Jones approach” as he calls it. It’s true. Learn from the best and set your self up to light it up for one year and your set for life. Smart kid. 

Edited by TheLongestYard