East Nashville vs Alcoa 3a Championship

EastNasty

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

I am still here. My point has all along been that Alcoa should move up in classification and play teams more competitive.  Wouldn't you like to see them play games that not over at halftime or even before the game starts. Surely you would rather see games like Maryville or even West this year than games that are over by halftime just like the semi-final game this past week. I am not whining or jealous, I just simply asked why not move up and play games that are more competitive. I am sure players enjoyed the Maryville game more than any other this past season. 

To add, none of the 6A schools on Murvuls regular season schedule would agree to play us. It’s been that way for years. I do give props to West for stepping up, but I’ll guarantee after next year they will not renew the series…

Edited by F5seekshelter

12 minutes ago, Pftigers said:

Bottom line any school that can take players out of their area and charge tuition have an unfair advantage.  If you stay public then A multiplier should be added to their enrollment. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....

In Tennessee, a bill passed in spring 2021 will require all school districts to create open enrollment policies by fall 2022. Open enrollment refers to whether parents can send their children to any public school, regardless of where it is located. Parents wanting to transfer their child to a different public school than the one they are assigned should contact their local school district to explore their options. Open enrollment is an important way that parents have access to a broader variety of public schools.

12 minutes ago, OldandBusted said:

In Tennessee, a bill passed in spring 2021 will require all school districts to create open enrollment policies by fall 2022. Open enrollment refers to whether parents can send their children to any public school, regardless of where it is located. Parents wanting to transfer their child to a different public school than the one they are assigned should contact their local school district to explore their options. Open enrollment is an important way that parents have access to a broader variety of public schools.

....and currently over 95% are already open-zone. 

Gosh....another excuse for Alcoa's success crushed....sigh.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pftigers said:

Bottom line any school that can take players out of their area and charge tuition have an unfair advantage.  If you stay public then A multiplier should be added to their enrollment. 

90 percent of the schools in the state are open enrollment and can do the same thing Alcoa does. If a multiplier was added it would effect almost all of the schools and we would be right back in the same spot. 

On 11/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, CatDaddy1 said:

Yea  y’all gonna be upset alright … Upset after you watch them score and score and score some more . And I not being disrespectful either congrats to East on the season but until you get on the field with them and see it in person you have no idea of what kind of team they are . 

Great season by you guys.  I met you a few years back in the concession stand line at Pearl-Cohn when you guys played over there in the 2019 Quarterfinals.  Your son was one heck of a HS running back and I hope he continues to play at the next level.  

It's funny that Pearl-Cohn moved up to 4A and the year that they did so Giles County (Semifinals) and East Nashville (State Championship Game) both got to take their shot at Alcoa.  

As far as the Class 3A State Championship Game is concerned:

Alcoa was always loaded when they played dominant defense and ran the football 50 times per game offensively.  Last Friday when I watched Alcoa playing with tempo offensively and slinging it all over the place I had to double check and make sure I was watching the correct game.  They have really taken another step offensively and it was evident in my first time seeing them in 2021.  They'll become the first team in TSSAA History to reach 20 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS and Gary Rankin will move into soul possession of 8th Place in CAREER COACHING VICTORIES.  

On a side note I really am not a fan of the Class 3A State Championship Game being played in the 11:00AM time slot on Friday morning.  It was played in that same time slot last year.  I'll try to catch as much of the game as possible during my lunch break on Friday.  I'll watch the replay of the broadcast on Friday night after the completion of the 5A broadcast.  

Congrats to both teams on great seasons!

1 hour ago, Pftigers said:

Says the fool of a team that took a covid day with hopes of using it to their advantage. How did that cowardly move work out for ya?:lol:

1 hour ago, OldandBusted said:

:rolleyes: