East Nashville vs Alcoa 3a Championship

EastNasty

I want iterate how good East Nashville was. Alcoa was on their heels several times.  It took a good team that's played in big games to maintain their composure. The momentum could have easily changed early in that ball game and also the first drive for EN coming out of halftime. The Eagles score and cut the lead to 28-14. Alcoa dug deep and responded well. I am glad they did not panic, and pulled away when they HAD to.

The EN team speed was very noticeable.  The are fast on Offense and Defense.  They had some special teams miscues, but as a whole played very discipline football.

Congratulations to the East Nashville Eagles for making it to the Championship game and playing a hard fought game!:thumb:

Much respect!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I want iterate how good East Nashville was. Alcoa was on their heels several times.  It took a good team that's played in big games to maintain their composure. The momentum could have easily changed early in that ball game and also the first drive for EN coming out of halftime. The Eagles score and cut the lead to 28-14. Alcoa dug deep and responded well. I am glad they did not panic, and pulled away when they HAD to.

The EN team speed was very noticeable.  The are fast on Offense and Defense.  They had some special teams miscues, but as a whole played very discipline football.

Congratulations to the East Nashville Eagles for making it to the Championship game and playing a hard fought game!:thumb:

Much respect!

Congratulations to y’all and thanks. Time to get bigger and stronger. Hopefully we make it back next year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Much respect!

^THIS^

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Much respect!

Much respect to Alcoa. Y’all proved why it’s #20 and 7 in a row. Loved seeing our guys battle against that great of competition 

it it wasn’t for those 2 bad punts no telling how this game would have turned out. S/O to coach Stewart and his staff thru did a heck of a job. 

hopefully we can run that back again next year 

13 minutes ago, 0000 said:

Much respect to Alcoa. Y’all proved why it’s #20 and 7 in a row. Loved seeing our guys battle against that great of competition 

it it wasn’t for those 2 bad punts no telling how this game would have turned out. S/O to coach Stewart and his staff thru did a heck of a job. 

hopefully we can run that back again next year 

:thumb:

Congrats to Alcoa on State Championship #20.  Congrats to Coach Gary Rankin on Coaching Career Win #467 and State Championship #17.  I looked at the players who played in this game and this has to be the youngest of all of the Alcoa teams to win the State Championship.  They started 7-8 underclassmen on both sides of the football.  They'll be the unanimous favorite to win an 8th Consecutive Gold Ball heading into the 2022 season.  The rich just seem to get richer....

East Nashville really showed out in this game and proved that they belonged on this stage.  They'll have to rebuild offensively but they do return a very good player in #2 Beard the QB.  Defensively they return about 5-6 of those guys who started in a State Championship Game this morning.  That will really bode well for them heading into the 2022 season.