what happened to the Henry Co vs Page thread?

bigdawgtn

It was a VERY entertaining game.
Page just made a few more plays then HC. (The Page QB made plays with his legs to scramble and has a great arm.)

If you had told me HC would only punt one time for the night, had 1 turnover, rushed for 522 yds, scored 21 points in the 4th, I would thought they win going away.

But Page took advantage of every break, and the QB could not be contained consistently and they made plays.

Congrats to Page. Should be another fun game next week against Powell as both are mainly passing teams.

And Congrats to HC on the mid season turn around. They return many key positions and I expect them to be back next year.

Go Big Red.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

If HC could’ve had one long drive in the 4th, it would’ve closed the door. Each time HC got the ball they scored quickly and it gave Page the ball right back. Just a perfect storm for Page. Page basically needed to steal 2 possessions to win and they did. 

Having a working clock would have been handy. But conveniently it just wasn’t working. 

25 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Having a working clock would have been handy. But conveniently it just wasn’t working. 

I hear you but I feel like the insanely poor timed fumble and subsequent Swiss cheese pass defense had more of a bearing on the outcome than the frozen clock. The duration of the game was certainly peculiar though. I think it lasted over 3.5 hours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigdawgtn said:

i said if it  was a low scoring game HC would win. But i knew their secondary was not very good in pass coverage and if it got to be a shootout they where in trouble. Man i wished i would have went to that game..50 plus points in 4th alone is crazy.

I'll be honest. I was watching on nfhs and tuned out when HC started dominating the game. I'm not a Page guy but have several Page alum friends that were very excited about this game. They also were texting me down and out saying that HC was just dominating the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half. Last account I had HC had got up multiple scores. Then I saw on here that it was like 42-35 or something of the sort. I tuned back in at that point and watched til the end. 

It was 2 things. A monumental comeback and a heartbreaking defeat. I couldn't decide whether to be happy for Page or sad for HC. That was probably the toughest high school loss I've ever witnessed. Better watch out for HC in 22. They gonna be real mad as @Roy Dillard says.