Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

Who has who and by what score. I am guessing we are coming in as the underdogs again but after that 4th quarter showing, I think we proved ourselves last week. I commented that our speed at the skill position was going to be our strong point and that if the turf held up, We have a true dual threat at QB and that also showed Friday night.

Powell has lost two this year and both to dominant teams. We have lost only one but was to a lessor opponent. Personally, I am into this underdog role!

The style of offense Page runs has been one that Powell has had trouble with a few times this year. Powell’s strength on D is up front, so they can usually get plenty of pressure. Should be an interesting matchup. Offensively Powell loves to air it out, much like Page. Potts is also a solid dual threat guy as well. My guess is it’ll be a high scoring shootout, but who knows lol

Edited by KnoxPhoto

On 10/31/2020 at 3:33 PM, ddaddy said:

What is your prediction for how far Page will go in the playoffs?

All the way to the state championship?

On 10/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, ddaddy said:

I bet I don’t get a prediction from pizzaboy  for that one

Is that gym warm down there in Hohenwald? It is going to be cold on us in Chattanooga but, I gotta tell you, it's nice to play in the semi-finals and win then play for the gold ball!

On 10/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, Swarm said:

79 as well. Quit ignoring details and slanting your argument like a CNN fake news anchor. 

Why don't you lay out Lewis Co's lifetime body of work against Page's so we can compare. 

How basketball season going over there little brother? We cranked it up too but football is still going on over here. I know you wouldn't know about that but it's awesome to be playing this far into the season/playoffs.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, Swarm said:

You got that right. Page is champion of nothing. Williamson County cellar dwellers. 

Region Champions. Semi-final game. State championship game. How did Fairview do this year?

On 10/7/2021 at 5:20 PM, Swarm said:

Trust me I give no credence to Page. They're a good measuring stick to start out the season and nothing more. When was the last time you guys made it to the quarterfinals? 

When is the last time Fairview made it to the semis? What about the state championship?

On 10/7/2021 at 7:24 PM, Swarm said:

Page is a fraud. Everyone will see soon. 

I've met @vandyfan1 in person. I know he could care less and is enjoying everyone seeing how stupid you are. 

How is playing in the state championship a fraud?

On 10/15/2021 at 9:09 AM, WingT08 said:

DId yall know Page was 8-0 this year? #TheMoreYouKnow

Chattanooga bound!

On 10/4/2021 at 1:48 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thoughts??  Well since you asked. My thoughts are Page is horrible and no way they are even close to being a top 10 team in 5a. They are a joke like you. :)

Not even a top 10 huh? But yet, playing for the gold ball. How did Milan fair this year?

On 10/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, JoeKane13 said:

Food for thought…

Columbia wins 35-14 over Mount Pleasant…..

Last week, Page defeats Columbia 42-35 in a down to the wire game…..

Also last week, Richland defeats Mount Pleasant 42-0…….

PizzaBoy always downs Richland as a weak team LC schedules. The real questions are….

How bad would Richland beat Page? 

Are Regions 5-2A, 6-2A better than Region 6-5A???

Will Page be out by 2nd Round and off to basketball? 

Good thing Page isn’t in 2A in either district. Back to being a 2A whipping boy for Page

Richland beat page? Out by second round? Can you just imagine if we were in 2A???? When is the last time Hohenwald made it to the semis? Even better question, when was the last time they made it to the state championship?

On 10/4/2021 at 3:25 PM, Swarm said:

Yes. Page is a 5a top ten fraud. They're not terrible by any means but they'd be about a #5 or #6 3a team. 

Except they have 500 too many students. 

They MIGHT would make the playoffs in 4a region 5 as a 4 seed. 

Fraud huh? State championship game, fraud? Not like Fairview, however?

On 10/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, Swarm said:

Your chickens will come home to roost soon. No later than round 2. Isn't that what you say about LC?

Page is the benefactor of a joke schedule and Covid. Giles would have blown you out. Just like they will CC this week. 

Round two? What about quarter finals, semi finals and then state championship? #### a doodle doo!

On 10/4/2021 at 4:00 PM, Rocketboy21 said:

Page has a Mickey Mouse schedule, and are frauds. 

Typically, frauds do not make it to the state championship game, typically!

On 10/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If they wanted an easy schedule they would schedule Page. Worst team in TN history. 

But playing for that gold ball, in 5A!

On 10/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, Rocketboy21 said:

I don’t even think they’d be a 4th seed lol. That’s being generous. Marshall county waffle stopped them in the jamboree 

4th seed huh? Generous? What about state championship game?

On 10/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think Tullahoma, PC, Marshall, Creekwood and Montgomery Central would all beat page. They would finish 6th in that region at best. Probably get upset by one of the others.  CoachT rates them as being 48th in 5A for strength of schedule. There ain’t many more than 48 teams in 5A. They are a joke. 

Hmmm, beat who we needed to beat to play the best of that side of the state who beat the best who beat the best. It must really bother you to read about us while you are in that basketball gym.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:36 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

His team couldn’t carry Lewis Co.’s jockstrap. 

We probably could if said jockstrap was going to Chattanooga to the State Championship game!

On 10/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, Pizzashadow2 said:

Page is a "Paper champion" 

Paper Champion you say? Do paper champions make it to the State Championship game?

On 10/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Toilet paper

Toilet paper, paper champions, huh? All I have to say about that is, "State Championship"!

On 10/5/2021 at 5:05 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Your schedule is easier and you are never ranked until this year. You are consistently horrible and you can’t defend it. The fact that you just reply with the same stuff shows that you know your program is horrible. 

You say horrible? Is a State Championship game contender really horrible? 

Edited by Pizzpatriot2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Who has who and by what score. I am guessing we are coming in as the underdogs again but after that 4th quarter showing, I think we proved ourselves last week. I commented that our speed at the skill position was going to be our strong point and that if the turf held up, We have a true dual threat at QB and that also showed Friday night.

Powell has lost two this year and both to dominant teams. We have lost only one but was to a lessor opponent. Personally, I am into this underdog role!

Powell has speed EVERYWHERE.  

• Like 1