Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

I just have to say how excited I am about my football team, Page, playing in the State Championship tomorrow! I (we) are just so proud of our accomplishment, not only for the championship game but the incredible and amazing season we had! To be this fortunate is just an amazing feeling. So proud of our boys, coaches and administration!

I can see the build up to this moment coming for the past few seasons. One season removed from back to back Regional Championships to get our third in four years, for us, Page, has been quite a ride! I fully believe playing quality opponents such as David Lipscomb and Ravenwood and being put in Regions with quality opponents such as Summitt was going to pay dividends. To go almost undefeated for three of the last four years is a major accomplishment but, taking this one loss team to the state championship this go around is just great! I knew we were going to be good this year but I also knew we had to get over the hump and into the semi's. I am just glad that our guys proved we are what our record says we are and that is not only a good team but a good program, one of the top two in our division in the entire state! Our comeback win last week and how we did not give up showed what we are about! Don't get me wrong, I want to win tomorrow just as much as anyone but, if it was not meant to be, we will have a memorable season to always look back on that only a few get to have! I mean, we not only made it to the semi's but won! That win catapulted us into the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! Just wow, what a resume!!!

Go Patriots!

On 11/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, tradertwo said:

Because he's so focused on belittling Lewis County, that he can't see the forest for the trees. If ether of the teams that you or I root for made the state title game, I seriously doubt that we'd be worried about poor mouthing someone else

Yeah, but neither Scotts Hill nor Hohenwald will ever make it to the state title game. So, you wont ever have to worry about belittling anyone.

This Springfield fan will be pulling for the Page High School Patriots to bring a gold ball to middle Tennessee. Didn’t know until around mid season  that our legendary Hall of Fame coach the late Boyce Smith has a great grandson playing WR for Page. His late grandfather known here as W.B. Was a stand out player for the Jackets and Vanderbilt, who later was a referee in the NFL. Go Bring a Championship to Middle Tennessee.

2 hours ago, BigRedRealist said:

I know nothing about Powell, the reason for the question. But I had heard from earlier in this thread that their D was their strong point.

So are you saying Nolen and Soles would not be very effective against Powell's passing offense?

Powell's offense is their strong point, without question. But without the improved defense, there is no way they would have made it to Chattanooga.

• Like 2

Adding Walter Nolen made Powell a much better defense this season, he is so disruptive in the defensive line, not only big, strong, but quick as well. Most offensive linemen can't handle him one on one, they either have to double team or cut him. I think the defensive improvement in the second half of the season has gotten Powell here, The West game was Powells most complete game of the season, and West helped out by not playing very well.  Page will need to protect their quarterback and give him time and also run the ball.  On defense, Page's back end is critical, the dbs have to cover one on one, #11 is real hard to cover and he gets open a lot, and he doesn't drop many. Potts can and will run if flushed, need to spy him if possible, I think Powell wins and recruiting does pay off.