Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

2 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Yea I mean glad he cares about his son looks like he’s invested a lot of resources to help him improve his game. A lot of kids would love to have that. Football can be frustrating 

Yes supportive parenting is always a great thing. Questioning the coaching of your son’s team publicly doesn’t set a good example for him or the other young men, IMO. (Even though they really aren’t very good coaches, did you see the Catholic game?) Investing resources and living vicariously through your son is a fine line I suppose. But agree to disagree!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

He was trashing Powell’s adjustments or lack thereof on Defense tonight. Just impressed with how negative he’s been at times but they’ve been able to make it work. Happy for my man Penny tho! Bright future for him as a young coach.

Can’t lie Powell secondary stinks 

3 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

As long as Lowe is at Powell I hate to see them win.Hopefully now that he won a championship he will learn how to act and not make winning the only thing that matters.Saying that Im very happy for the 2 Powell guys on here OSnut and Knoxphoto.I hope yall enjoy it and have fun.Congrats to Page for fighting so hard.Much respect to these young guys who never quit.Runner up is a great season

Thanks, Still. I know you aren't a fan of Lowe, but there aren't many coaches out there who work as hard as he does. The kids absolutely love him. It'll be interesting to see how this title impacts him going forward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

As long as Lowe is at Powell I hate to see them win.Hopefully now that he won a championship he will learn how to act and not make winning the only thing that matters.Saying that Im very happy for the 2 Powell guys on here OSnut and Knoxphoto.I hope yall enjoy it and have fun.Congrats to Page for fighting so hard.Much respect to these young guys who never quit.Runner up is a great season

Thank you, much appreciated! Just happy they finally got over the hump! And agreed on Page, those dudes will not quit and left it all out there. Nothing to hang their heads about 

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Yes supportive parenting is always a great thing. Questioning the coaching of your son’s team publicly doesn’t set a good example for him or the other young men, IMO. (Even though they really aren’t very good coaches, did you see the Catholic game?) Investing resources and living vicariously through your son is a fine line I suppose. But agree to disagree!

Everybody brings up the Maryville and Catholic games. Not 5A just games to prepare for playoffs in my mind. If something bother you guys it’s good to just ignore it not stalk Potts dad on Twitter or hate on coaches in forums.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hats off to Page. Just a tremendous effort tonight, and if it weren't for those fumbles in the first quarter, we might have seen a different result. Jake can flat out play. He put the entire team on his back, just like last week, and almost found a way to win.

Tip of the cap to Mr. McNamara and the Patriots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Thanks, Still. I know you aren't a fan of Lowe, but there aren't many coaches out there who work as hard as he does. The kids absolutely love him. It'll be interesting to see how this title impacts him going forward.

1 minute ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Much appreciated! Just happy they finally got over the hump! And agreed on Page, those dudes will not quit and left it all out there. Nothing to hang their heads about 

Side note Im very jealous that our trip to state last yr was the worst weather and a rainy freezing cold day and night.Going to state is always great but wow today was perfect weather all day and just right for a football game.Again congrats and enjoy because these things are really hard to win

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I know I already congratulated Powell, but I wanted to specifically include OSU and KnoxPhoto, both really stand-up gentlemen that I have a lot of respect for as a fellow poster. You guys deserve to bask in this victory. I’m honestly happy for both of you.

Thanks SS. I'm just happy for the kids, the coaches (especially Matt), and my father in law (God rest his soul), who would have been in the front row tonight cheering those kids on, win or lose. He can rest easy now!

• Upvote 2