Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

After taking sometime after that tough loss, I had to come back and give my thoughts. Congratulations to the Powell football, community, and all involved. The QB is a dang good football player along with many others. It was a great win and you all earned it. Happy to see those folks get their first state title, and coach getting to win for his hometown. Enjoyed the posters on here and all the interactions as well. 

Very proud of Coach Rathbone and the Page football team. They fought and believed to the very end. Big heart in that program. I’m so proud of them. They left it all out there Friday night. It’s been a magical run this season and they have nothing to hold their heads down about. Coach will have them back in this game again someday. 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 2:22 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I agree. I didn't see CSU under Addazio, but at previous stops his teams were pretty run heavy. Ive long been perplexed while Middle doesnt recruit their own area well. They seem to be just content getting their 6 wins in a empty stadium every Saturday

I have had the same thought. I didn’t think CSU seemed like a good fit for his style of play. I imagine he’ll reset and reassess now that they’ve changed coaches. 

Rick Stockstill’s lack of desire to recruit Tennessee drives me crazy. Too many quality players in his back yard for him to be this way. 

9 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I have had the same thought. I didn’t think CSU seemed like a good fit for his style of play. I imagine he’ll reset and reassess now that they’ve changed coaches. 

Rick Stockstill’s lack of desire to recruit Tennessee drives me crazy. Too many quality players in his back yard for him to be this way. 

Could practically have half of his team from this area. That way if they are content with going 6-6, they'd be putting butts in the seats

On 12/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, Czar said:

Congrats to Powell and Matt Lowe's hand picked team of recruits. Gotta love the cheating to win!

Do you have that same energy for Alcoa, Maryville, Central, Fulton, West when they win it all? All is fair in love and war when it comes to High School football. Let's not forget the QB1 for Page was at David Lipscomb before he was at Page. 

14 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

schools like MTSU, UTC, ETSU, Tech, Austin Peay etc should always have a 70/30 to 60/40 mix of Tennessee kids to out of state kids. 

I may rustle some feathers of Henry Co and Knoxville West fans, or people that were claiming Page didn't deserve to be in the state finals, but I believe the two best teams in 5A met Friday night and they put on an exciting game for everybody watching.  Congrats to Powell on their first state title!!! (I was shocked to learn that was their first), and hats off to Page for a hard fought game. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HTV said:

Seeing the same ole finger pointers bringing up "recruiting" again.  

Again, I challenge you to give specifics.  Exactly what are schools doing that constitutes "recruiting"?  

No "I hears", or "I thinks".  Specifics, please.  

If there is any speculation of wrong doing, I believe TSSAA would look through the Powell program with a fine-toothed comb (I would imagine a much deeper investigation now that a gold ball is involved).  Hopefully Powell can prove innocent, and hush all the naysayers for good.

You know better than I would, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the only thing a Powell coach is guilty of is having a conversation that may be considered a gray area to some advocates., but does not technically violate any rules.

20 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

You know better than I would, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the only thing a Powell coach is guilty of is having a conversation that may be considered a gray area to some advocates., but does not technically violate any rules.

I promise you that this takes place at almost every school in the state every single year.  Anybody who doesn't believe that is either naive or stupid.