Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

On 12/1/2021 at 1:47 PM, Knoxvegas865 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Powell gets a bunch of good freshman next year. Their OC Jones coaches the Tennessee future stars middle school team. The MVP of the TN vs KY all star game said he had his list down to TKA, Powell, and Catholic. Looks alot like recruiting but maybe they just like the Powell coaches.

Since when does it work like that?   Does the kid live in Powell/ zoned for Powell and the parents are considering sending him to a private school?  That's perfectly acceptable and legal. But to use the "R" word and the phrase "has his list down to" insinuates that conversations that aren't allowed to happen are happening in an area that's had a history of those similar rumors.

• Upvote 2

On 12/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, keepitmoving said:

Number 1 in the state for total yards, and TD 

263-397 (66%) for 3,480 yards passing

33 TD

10 int

447 Rush yards, and 12 TD

Total TD 55 and total yards 3,920 

Or you could of just googled him....Jordyn Potts.....lol 

14 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

8 out of 10. 

13 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Happens in practice every week.  

..... Didn't you try to say he wasn't your son awhile back ?

:bored:

9 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Since when does it work like that?   Does the kid live in Powell/ zoned for Powell and the parents are considering sending him to a private school?  That's perfectly acceptable and legal. But to use the "R" word and the phrase "has his list down to" insinuates that conversations that aren't allowed to happen are happening in an area that's had a history of those similar rumors.

I don't know if this is all true cause I don't know anything about these programs, but if it is true, isn't it automatically against the TSSAA rules?

50 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

50 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Loose lips sink ships...Titanic's maiden voyage has left the harbor.

Edited by tradertwo

12 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

I know nothing about Powell, the reason for the question. But I had heard from earlier in this thread that their D was their strong point.

So are you saying Nolen and Soles would not be very effective against Powell's passing offense?

The front seven is Powell’s strength on D,  the offense is the strong point overall IMO. The defense is very capable, but struggled against passing attacks early on. I felt like Henry County was a better matchup for Powell due to their ability to control the line of scrimmage against run heavy teams. Others may disagree with me 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

2 hours ago, sx1234 said:

If you search Tory Beaufort Tennessee Future Stars and the read the article that’s where I got my info. Most of the players who play on TN Future Stars end up at a private schools like Karaaz Johnson, Amani Rodgers, Jayden Neal. I said “looks like recruiting” but I think it’s similar to Jake McNamara where he wasn’t getting the job at LA so he went to Page. Looks like the kid Beaufort is zoned for Austin East. I wouldn’t blame the family for moving their kid from there.

Edited by Knoxvegas865