Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

5 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I hope Owen Sacks really did talk trash for all of you to be directing things towards him. I still haven’t seen any evidence that he actually said anything. 

Wasn’t hardcore, but definitely a call out of sorts. It’s been shared on Twitter a few times. It originated on a Page YouTube channel interview. Walter took notice and retweeted that specific portion. As a former player, I would’ve taken it the same way. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I hope Owen Sacks really did talk trash for all of you to be directing things towards him. I still haven’t seen any evidence that he actually said anything. 

Not sure anyone called the kid out directly, just said it wasn't wise. I like the fire and hope Page shows up to back Sack up. Powell just needed that little bit of bulletin board material to turn it up a little more. Not sure we've seen Walter play were he felt disrespected. Again, I like the fire by Sacks and adds to the game. 

5 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Wasn’t hardcore, but definitely a call out of sorts. It’s been shared on Twitter a few times. It originated on a Page YouTube channel interview. Walter took notice and retweeted that specific portion. As a former player, I would’ve taken it the same way. 

Thank you. I believed you, I just wanted to make sure. I’ll check it out on Twitter. I just wondered where I could find it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Not sure anyone called the kid out directly, just said it wasn't wise. I like the fire and hope Page shows up to back Sack up. Powell just needed that little bit of bulletin board material to turn it up a little more. Not sure we've seen Walter play were he felt disrespected. Again, I like the fire by Sacks and adds to the game. 

Pretty much what I was getting at originally. I like the smack, it has some guts to it, but probably not a smart move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Pretty much what I was getting at originally. I like the smack, it has some guts to it, but probably not a smart move. 

Agreed. That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

Walter doesn't appear to be one of those guys who does a lot of talking on the field. Definitely embodies that Teddy Roosevelt mentality for the most part.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Agreed. That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

Walter doesn't appear to be one of those guys who does a lot of talking on the field. Definitely embodies that Teddy Roosevelt mentality for the most part.

Yep, the irony is that he just plays and doesn't show much emotion, and his critics say he doesn't have any heart because he doesn't show emotion, but the same people dog players who they feel show 'too much" emotion.  

Sometimes you just can't win.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I mean it really wasn’t much just said he never heard of him and the teammates were saying number 2 not number 1 prospect and laughing. Hope Powell can be composed throughout the game.Page seems like a mature team. 

16 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I saw the video that Walter retweeted. The Page player knew what he was doing, but I’m not sure it’s smart to call out the #1 DL in the nation before the game. 

70 for Page ain't no slouch himself. I like his chances to hold his ground. He's a very good high school center. 24/7 be dammed. 

Go Page!