Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

Must congratulate Powell for their performance last night! As some posters alluded to from reading, those of us in the stands had a feeling in the second quarter that we were going to come back and pull it off in the end!

I do think there were a couple of questionable calls but for the most part, I thought it was a fairly called game. If there was any doubt our signal caller is not the real deal, he not only showed it last night but in the playoffs as well!

Again, just making it to the championship is great for us, our team and program! Nothing to hang your heads low on boys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Must congratulate Powell for their performance last night! As some posters alluded to from reading, those of us in the stands had a feeling in the second quarter that we were going to come back and pull it off in the end!

I do think there were a couple of questionable calls but for the most part, I thought it was a fairly called game. If there was any doubt our signal caller is not the real deal, he not only showed it last night but in the playoffs as well!

Again, just making it to the championship is great for us, our team and program! Nothing to hang your heads low on boys!

There were a lot of calls, a couple of them questionable, but both teams benefitted from the 50/50 calls.  I just wish the officials would have kept the flags in their pockets a little more both ways instead of pulling them when it had no effect on the outcome of the play.  

And for those in this thread being petty and pointing the "recruiting" finger again, I invite you to give specifics if you are so sure it's happening.  Powell has most likely been the most "turned in" and investigated program in the state the last couple of years, yet the TSSAA hasn't found anything.  Is that sheer coincidence, or perhaps are some jealous that Matt and his staff have outworked the staff of the school they support?  

So you have an opportunity - put up or shut up.  Powell has its Gold Ball and there isn't a thing any of you can do to belittle it.  Keep sucking on those sour grapes.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Hey @Pizzpatriot2, is Boyce Smith being recruited by anyone? He’s pretty impressive from what I’ve seen, and being as I’m from Springfield I was interested in his future. 

Kid is good for sure and glad we have him another year! I don’t know if he has any offers but from what I understand he has interest coming from Peay, TSU and one of the East teams. Personally, I think he will definitely be DI by next year. Kid can do it all!  

40 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

He was committed to Colorado St. Not sure if that changes since they just fired their HC

Yeah, tough situation for him right now.  As I understand it he was going to be an early enrollee next month.  Going to have to see who CSU hires, if he fits in their offensive scheme, and see if the new coach still wants him.  And a short time to make the decision.  

Never a good situation for early enrollees when a coaching change happens.  

29 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yeah, tough situation for him right now.  As I understand it he was going to be an early enrollee next month.  Going to have to see who CSU hires, if he fits in their offensive scheme, and see if the new coach still wants him.  And a short time to make the decision.  

Never a good situation for early enrollees when a coaching change happens.  

Always thought it was interesting he committed there, seemed like an odd fit. Doesn't have an offer from MTSU, but hopefully that changes soon after seeing him in the postseason

Edited by MidTennFootball

31 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Kid is good for sure and glad we have him another year! I don’t know if he has any offers but from what I understand he has interest coming from Peay, TSU and one of the East teams. Personally, I think he will definitely be DI by next year. Kid can do it all!  

I agree. I think he'll end up getting FBS offers by the time he graduates. Hopefully he can stay close to home at MTSU

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Page left it all on the field. Couldn’t ask for more.  Very entertaining game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Always thought it was interesting he committed there, seemed like an odd fit. Doesn't have an offer from MTSU, but hopefully that changes soon after seeing him in the postseason

Colorado is a beautiful state, and Fort Collins is a great place to go to school.  Don't blame him at all.  

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not hating on the area, just thought it was an odd fit for him as far as football goes

He can play, and they play in a wide open type of offense in that league.  

And if Middle doesn't offer him they are missing out on a good prospect, IMO.