Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

He can play, and they play in a wide open type of offense in that league.  

And if Middle doesn't offer him they are missing out on a good prospect, IMO.  

I agree. I didn't see CSU under Addazio, but at previous stops his teams were pretty run heavy. Ive long been perplexed while Middle doesnt recruit their own area well. They seem to be just content getting their 6 wins in a empty stadium every Saturday

9 minutes ago, HTV said:

Unfortunately that has become the expectations at too many places, especially outside of the Southeast.  

It's frustrating when they have the potential to win 9-10 games and right in the middle of a hotbed of FBS talent. Rick Stockstill is a standup guy, so I guess in Middle's eyes, that's good enough

3 hours ago, HTV said:

There were a lot of calls, a couple of them questionable, but both teams benefitted from the 50/50 calls.  I just wish the officials would have kept the flags in their pockets a little more both ways instead of pulling them when it had no effect on the outcome of the play.  

And for those in this thread being petty and pointing the "recruiting" finger again, I invite you to give specifics if you are so sure it's happening.  Powell has most likely been the most "turned in" and investigated program in the state the last couple of years, yet the TSSAA hasn't found anything.  Is that sheer coincidence, or perhaps are some jealous that Matt and his staff have outworked the staff of the school they support?  

So you have an opportunity - put up or shut up.  Powell has its Gold Ball and there isn't a thing any of you can do to belittle it.  Keep sucking on those sour grapes.  

Powell had like 170 yards in penalty’s smh. Page like 60 yards. I agree on the recruiting people love to hate when another team is better. 

19 hours ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

I read where Powell’s Cannon Lusby went to the last Powell state championship in 2011 remembers how heart broken everyone was. Ended up the leading tackler last night 10 years and 1 days from that game.

Lusby is one of the best players on the team, that kid goes hard and plays hard, he was a big factor in the improvement of Powells defense to help them make this run, 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

HTV,

You and osunut have made me smile today. It is so obvious you two are happy about last night and should be.

I know you have had issues with me especially last season on twitter but you are good folk and deserve to win it all.

Enjoy it all you two. 

RWR!

Thanks.  Appreciate it.  

And as I have said, I really haven't been part of the "insiders" at Powell since 2013.  I still consider myself a friend of Matt's, but I haven't seen him face to face in a couple of years, and the last game I saw at Powell was in 2019.  Other than Matt, there is only one coach on the staff now who was there when I left.  I did congratulate both he and Matt via text late Friday night and they reciprocated.  

But that said, I am very happy for the few "old timers" still around the program.  They went though the lowest of lows to get to the highest of highs, and I am happy for the community.  While the zone has changed, Powell still very much is a small town like community.  

And with what Powell returns next year they have a legit shot at a two peat. 

I want to say watching the games on TV and having been to the other venues for the Blue Cross Bowl over the years, including Vanderbilt, MTSU and TTU, I have to say that Finley Stadium in Chattanooga is the best venue for the Championship I have seen so far.  The location of the stadium and the looks of it were nicer than the others, I hope the TSSAA will continue to have football championships there.  A question, are they there for the next few years or are they to be rotated around the state?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I want to say watching the games on TV and having been to the other venues for the Blue Cross Bowl over the years, including Vanderbilt, MTSU and TTU, I have to say that Finley Stadium in Chattanooga is the best venue for the Championship I have seen so far.  The location of the stadium and the looks of it were nicer than the others, I hope the TSSAA will continue to have football championships there.  A question, are they there for the next few years or are they to be rotated around the state?

The BCB will be in Chattanooga through 2022. After that, it's opened back up to bids, which will probably be just Cookeville and Chattanooga