Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

23 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm assuming he's talking about Powell-Cleveland in either 93 or 94.

Definition of dirty can be viewed differently. That team was blue collar punch you in the mouth type football. That was Lowes SR year and that team was guys who had that mean streak in them. One word I'd never say about them was that they were dirty. Physical yes, good ole boys yes. Dirty, no. No doubt, Cleveland was the best and most talented team during that run with the Cobbs and Hickey. 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Definition of dirty can be viewed differently. That team was blue collar punch you in the mouth type football. That was Lowes SR year and that team was guys who had that mean streak in them. One word I'd never say about them was that they were dirty. Physical yes, good ole boys yes. Dirty, no. No doubt, Cleveland was the best and most talented team during that run with the Cobbs and Hickey. 

Yeah.  That team played hard and was physical, but they weren't "dirty".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I'm assuming he's talking about Powell-Cleveland in either 93 or 94.

‘94. They came to Cleveland in ‘93. Do y’all remember the game was over an hour late starting because Cleveland’s bus broke down on the way to Knoxville? 2nd time that season it happened, the other being Dickson Co. 

I've been critical of Powell over the years and have always said why they won't win games over why they will win games. Every game they have the most talent on the field, including Maryville and Catholic. But have not been the best team and that is what has always help Powell back. With Collins back and Walter somewhat healthy to play Friday this game will start fast for Powell like the West game. This is the best team since the 1992 team and this time they bring home Gold Ball that has eluded them in the past as long as they play as the best team and no the best me.  

Powell 31 

Page 24

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

All the way to the state championship?

Is that gym warm down there in Hohenwald? It is going to be cold on us in Chattanooga but, I gotta tell you, it's nice to play in the semi-finals and win then play for the gold ball!

How basketball season going over there little brother? We cranked it up too but football is still going on over here. I know you wouldn't know about that but it's awesome to be playing this far into the season/playoffs.

Region Champions. Semi-final game. State championship game. How did Fairview do this year?

When is the last time Fairview made it to the semis? What about the state championship?

How is playing in the state championship a fraud?

Chattanooga bound!

Not even a top 10 huh? But yet, playing for the gold ball. How did Milan fair this year?

Richland beat page? Out by second round? Can you just imagine if we were in 2A???? When is the last time Hohenwald made it to the semis? Even better question, when was the last time they made it to the state championship?

Fraud huh? State championship game, fraud? Not like Fairview, however?

Round two? What about quarter finals, semi finals and then state championship? #### a doodle doo!

Typically, frauds do not make it to the state championship game, typically!

But playing for that gold ball, in 5A!

4th seed huh? Generous? What about state championship game?

Hmmm, beat who we needed to beat to play the best of that side of the state who beat the best who beat the best. It must really bother you to read about us while you are in that basketball gym.

We probably could if said jockstrap was going to Chattanooga to the State Championship game!

Paper Champion you say? Do paper champions make it to the State Championship game?

Toilet paper, paper champions, huh? All I have to say about that is, "State Championship"!

You say horrible? Is a State Championship game contender really horrible? 

Congratulations moron! You proved even yourself wrong…. I guess a team can make it to the Ship with a weak schedule.. who woulda thought??. But congrats to the Page players and coaches!! Hard a hard fought win to make it last week. But your still a clown that still lives with your momma lol

6 minutes ago, 5AfballFan said:

Hate to cheer for ol' Powell after the beating they put on us, but I hope they bring home the ball. If you're gonna go out in the semis at least go out to the best in the state.  Coach Lowe and his kids should put on a good show for us. 

How many trick plays with Nolan should we expect?

Hopefully none :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Coach Rathbone has done an outstanding job this season leading this team. It’s been a long time coming and this season, we are witnessing it all finally come together. 12 years as the head coach and it has all been building to this. Many alumni and former players are proud and happy to see Page finally get over the hump.

Now, they get to slug it out against another great team for the gold ball. I think based on Powell’s style of play offensively, the Page defense matches up well with them. Walter Nolen is a hoss, but I think McNamara and these guys will be ready for the challenge. I think it’s a going to be a tough game for Page , but I like the chances of the fighting Patriots being able to pull another one out. 

19 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Coach Rathbone has done an outstanding job this season leading this team. It’s been a long time coming and this season, we are witnessing it all finally come together. 12 years as the head coach and it has all been building to this. Many alumni and former players are proud and happy to see Page finally get over the hump.

Now, they get to slug it out against another great team for the gold ball. I think based on Powell’s style of play offensively, the Page defense matches up well with them. Walter Nolen is a hoss, but I think McNamara and these guys will be ready for the challenge. I think it’s a going to be a tough game for Page , but I like the chances of the fighting Patriots being able to pull another one out. 

Page looks like a solid team. I’ve watched 3 of their games from this season to try and get a feel for the matchup. Genuinely curious, why do you feel the Page D matches up well with Powell on offense? As far as Nolen, he’s definitely not the only guy of concern I’d imagine. From the stats prior to the West game, Nolen and Soles alone had combined for 26 sacks. Even when he’s not making the plays himself, Nolen allows the rest of the guys to play at a much higher level. That’s where he makes the largest impact IMO 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

1 minute ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Even when he’s not making the plays himself, Nolen allows the rest of the guys to play at a much higher level. 

Agreed. That's where his impact has probably been felt the most. He's obviously been disruptive on his own, but his presence has allowed guys like Soles and Stanford to win a lot of one-on-one battles.

Hard to believe that Soles is just a sophomore.

• Like 1