Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Redmond is showing why most of the recruiting gurus believe he will be a DB in college football. 

Solid player and on any night he can go over 100+ on any night he can also leave 100+ on the ground. If he can clean up the drops he can play WR at the next level but like you said may be destined to play DB. Greene best pure athlete to play at Powell in a long time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Solid player and on any night he can go over 100+ on any night he can also leave 100+ on the ground. If he can clean up the drops he can play WR at the next level but like you said may be destined to play DB. Greene best pure athlete to play at Powell in a long time. 

Yep, but unfortunately he has been dropping the football in the same manner since his freshman year.  Once is excusable and correctable. A pattern is something totally different. 

And that opinion didn't come from me, but from recruiting analysts and coaches. 

But he is freakishly athletic. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SweetScience said:

They have more than just 1 receiver who is pretty dang good. #11 may not be getting the notoriety that #9 has gotten, but in my humble opinion he’s as good or better than #9 as a HS wideout. Also, #1 & #22 (I think) are very competent HS wideouts that can burn you if you don’t account for them.

I’ll grant you that. I went on NFHS and watched the semi-final game against West. It’s an all around good group of guys in that offense. Page will have to account for all of them. 

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Wow. Back to Back if they can get the defense right when Big Walt leaves. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Powell gets a bunch of good freshman next year. Their OC Jones coaches the Tennessee future stars middle school team. The MVP of the TN vs KY all star game said he had his list down to TKA, Powell, and Catholic. Looks alot like recruiting but maybe they just like the Powell coaches.

Edited by Knoxvegas865
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Yep, but unfortunately he has been dropping the football in the same manner since his freshman year.  Once is excusable and correctable. A pattern is something totally different. 

And that opinion didn't come from me, but from recruiting analysts and coaches. 

But he is freakishly athletic. 

I get it, his drops are noticeable. Usually happen when needed the most.