Page vs Powell for the Gold Ball

Pizzpatriot2

21 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Is the kid that is the QB the younger brother of the university of Michigan starting QB? If so how did the kid end up at Page? I think the qb from Michigan is from Nevada or somewhere out West. Just wandering about it.

Yes not sure how they ended up there but him and the middle brother Kyle played at Lipscomb academy. He played his first year at page his junior year I believe. 

Edited by Knoxvegas865

According to the latest 5 Star Preps article:

Powell has allowed 7.8 ppg over the last 10 games

Walter Nolen - 26 TFLs, 15 sacks, and 35 QB pressures 

Steven Soles - 12 TFLS, 16 sacks, and 41 QB pressures. 

They’ve become quite a duo as the season has progressed. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Yes not sure how they ended up there but him and the middle brother Kyle played at Lipscomb academy. He played his first year at page his junior year I believe. 

Correct.  My understanding is that the younger McNamara was not going to beat out Luke Richesson (Cincinnati commit) so left LA.  I do not know how Page was chosen.  The McNamara's are from Reno.

2 hours ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

The family moved to Williamson County once the oldest went to college. They wanted to be closer to where their sons were attending college, so they could have an easier time trying to make their games. Main Street Preps had an excellent article about the family and the two quarterback brothers a couple of weeks ago. 
https://www.mainstreetpreps.com/county/williamson/i-see-a-lot-of-myself-quarterbacking-comes-natural-to-brothers-jake-mcnamara-and-michigan/article_ff6f1b6c-32bb-11ec-8e44-3ff1418dd5fb.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnoxPhoto said:

According to the latest 5 Star Preps article:

Powell has allowed 7.8 ppg over the last 10 games

Walter Nolen - 26 TFLs, 15 sacks, and 35 QB pressures 

Steven Soles - 12 TFLS, 16 sacks, and 41 QB pressures. 

They’ve become quite a duo as the season has progressed. 

After giving up 112 points in the first 2 games of the season against Anderson County and Maryville the Powell defense has just given up 112 in the last 12 games. I think that’s the difference on Friday, this entire unit is playing great football. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 87panther said:

After giving up 112 points in the first 2 games of the season against Anderson County and Maryville the Powell defense has just given up 112 in the last 12 games. I think that’s the difference on Friday, this entire unit is playing great football. 

That’s a crazy stat. I really like watching JJ Foust. He holds some D1 offers at 5’11 200 lbs he could line up any where for Powell cause how physical and smart he plays. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 87panther said:

This is an incredible stat. 

22 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

This is an incredible stat. 

i knew they had been playing great defense. I was looking at the defense stats for 5a. Springfield had only given u9 92 points in their 13 games this season and 29 of those where to Henry County in the 2 game s they played them. . Them and Powell where at the top. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 87panther said:

And it's not a coincidence that the defensive intensity and pressure stepped up when the head coach took a more assertive role on the defensive side of the ball.  

Matt deserves a lot of credit for the turnaround. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, HTV said:

And it's not a coincidence that the defensive intensity and pressure stepped up when the head coach took a more assertive role on the defensive side of the ball.  

No doubt about that, they could have probably won the majority of their games just by out scoring teams but no way they contend for a championship without the defensive turnaround. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Yes it is clear that some changes were made that have paid off in the long run. Happy for Matt and Co.

• Like 1