#HawkNation 

#HereComesTheCloser 

18 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

Houston. 

S Gibson - too many weapons

SS - on the road or at home...never bet against the Hawks

#HawkNation 

#HereComesTheCloser 

Had a chance to see the Peabody South Gibson game. This was a really fun game to watch. The atmosphere at South Gibson makes watching a game there fun and playing there tough. It was my first time and I will go back for sure. They actually have a light show for intros. LOL. Peabody had too many athletes for south Gibson. Hunt from Peabody was a man among boys. Not sure how many he had but I would say well over 30. When Peabody gets their football guys  going I'm not sure anybody in Single A will be able to handle them. South Gibson is a lot better than expected after graduated 3 starters. They are well coached, run really good stuff but they struggle on the defensive end. Both these teams will be in the conversation when post season starts. Peabody won by 9

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Really? 

Yes!!! Southside is not that good, I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose in substate. So that’s why I say FW coach did a bad job of managing the lead. You have a 6’10 post that was dominating all night but you continue to let your guards Jack up shots. That’s coaching 

11 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose in substate. You have a 6’10 post that was dominating all night...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks win it all this year.

A 5'4" freshman, with ZERO playing time before the game was able to drive the basket and get the FW center off his feet 3-4 times before dishing off for a successful assist.

If fact, 3 freshman logged significant playing time for SS against FW. As a reminder in another post on this board, South Side has the most loaded freshman team in the state. If half of he current freshman at SS finish their high school career with the Hawks, they could easily see at least 3 trips to Murfreesboro.

Hats off to FW for the lights out atmosphere on Tuesday Nov 30, 2021. An estimated crowd of 1,000 packed the gym in Somerville that night for a substate level game.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

Edited by HereComesTheCloser

41 minutes ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks win it all this year.

A 5'4" freshman, with ZERO playing time before the game was able to drive the basket and get the FW center off his feet 3-4 times before dishing off for a successful assist.

If fact, 3 freshman logged significant playing time for SS against FW. As a reminder in another post on this board, South Side has the most loaded freshman team in the state. If half of he current freshman at SS finish their high school career with the Hawks, they could easily see at least 3 trips to Murfreesboro.

Hats off to FW for the lights out atmosphere on Tuesday Nov 30, 2021. An estimated crowd of 1,000 packed the gym in Somerville that night for a substate level game.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

If my notes are right FE is only returning 1 player that received significant minutes last year and that’s the 6-10 kid. The rest of the players are underclassmen. But hats off to Southside for the win but it wasn’t that impressive imo, but the lefty freshman point guard is very nice he has a chance to be special

22 hours ago, thenewguy85 said:

Yes!!! Southside is not that good, I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose in substate. So that’s why I say FW coach did a bad job of managing the lead. You have a 6’10 post that was dominating all night but you continue to let your guards Jack up shots. That’s coaching 

oh. I see. Well, I hear South Side is young except for their top 3 kids. Anybody know if their guard has any offers?