Class 1A 2022

lakecounty1968

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West will be heavy favorite again. Gordonsville on paper will be favorite in East but they were this year. South Pitt has some underclassmen that are athletes so I’m sure they will reload and be a factor as well. No idea what Clay County team has back or Coalfield but those are top 3/4 teams unless Greenback gets things turned around. Sounds like Cloudland loses the house. Don’t see any of the East teams giving the West teams problems though come State game. I’m just keeping it real

Lake County will make some noise in the West. I think Peabody takes a small step back but McKenzie will be locked and loaded again. Not sure about Fayetteville. Gordonsville had a good looking team and if they are mostly back will be the favorite on paper. No idea what South Pitt has back but noticed they had a slew of good looking athletes that I don’t believe are all Seniors. If they keep that new offense they will be a tough out again. Cloudland and Coalfield both will have a say in Round 4 again unless Greenback makes a comeback showing. I’m just keeping it real

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Trenton should still be tough bit lose the Ganaways I believe.Not sure about Baskerville.But Ganaway was difference this year.I know McKenzie returns qb and rb but may depend on how many linemen they lose.

McKenzie only loses 6 seniors total from this years class. 2 lineman out of those 6 I believe. 

9 hours ago, powerp said:

Pirates played a lot of younger guys but will need to replace about 6 key seniors they lose.

Other than Gordy or maybe Clay even losing 6 key players you guys are the front runners till someone beats you.GB unless a miracle forms in the offseason will probably be worse,we have skill kids but no line two of our best players were linemen,Matoy and Cope are Srs and we still have to deal with our coaching difficulties,Coalfield will be the best around here and they lose quiet a bit also.It will come down to the same 2 in the quarters as this year more than likely with Coalfield or Cloudland in the semis again.

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Other than Gordy or maybe Clay even losing 6 key players you guys are the front runners till someone beats you.GB unless a miracle forms in the offseason will probably be worse,we have skill kids but no line two of our best players were linemen,Matoy and Cope are Srs and we still have to deal with our coaching difficulties,Coalfield will be the best around here and they lose quiet a bit also.It will come down to the same 2 in the quarters as this year more than likely with Coalfield or Cloudland in the semis again.

Keeping the same coach I’m assuming?

38 minutes ago, powerp said:

Keeping the same coach I’m assuming?

Havent heard of a change.Im sure they will give him at least one more chance to turn us into a Sunbright.I wish I could say that there was a bright spot in his coaching this past year but we got worse as the season progressed just like his last two stops.

11 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Man, we lose a mother load of seniors.  Zac may do another weight room miracle but that's what it will take to get back here again.  We have two stud linemen coming back,  our qb, gage McKinney and caraway.  That will probably put us on top of region 1