Webb School

Tennesseepicks

1 hour ago, Indian said:

If the parents want to send them there, fine..no school at the high school level should be actively acquiring talent, though. 

I have no idea the rules on recruiting in the private school sector. So it is illegal for a private school to make contact and recruit athletes to a private school with or without room and board?? What are the odds that all of the great players they have from all over the world just decided to go to Webb School on their own?? 

Edited by pioneer42

34 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Bell Buckle is such a world wide hub LOL.

The school has been open 150 years and suddenly in the last two they are a national power. You can skate around that all you want but everybody knows how it happened just like the Lipscomb academy football team. 

Society has now ruined high school sports and the lessons they teach.

Absolutely!

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I have no idea the rules on recruiting in the private school sector. So it is illegal for a private school to make contact and recruit athletes to a private school with or without room and board?? What are the odds that all of the great players they have from all over the world just decided to go to Webb School on their own?? 

Webb School boys team is 2-3 right now

While some think he is traveling the world recruiting these players, he definitely is not. 

He is well connected with college coaches all over the country and some of these parents want their kids playing ball for him. Ohio State head coach sent his daughter there who is on the team and also his son who doesn't even play athletics, both are full tuition students. Webb is also providing an opportunity for these players to obtain a great education, play ball, and live in a stable environment. The backstory on some of these players would surprise you.

Edited by GCPioneer

55 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

While some think he is traveling the world recruiting these players, he definitely is not. 

He is well connected with college coaches all over the country and some of these parents want their kids playing ball for him. Ohio State head coach sent his daughter there who is on the team and also his son who doesn't even play athletics, both are full tuition students. In other cases, Webb is providing an opportunity for these players to obtain a great education, play ball, and live in a stable environment. The backstory on some of these players would really surprise you. People should really appreciate the opportunity they're giving these kids rather than hating on the situation.

I would imagine that the USJ’s and the TCA’s of the world aren’t appreciating the opportunity that Webb is giving these 5 star players. Sounds like the TCA’s and USJ’s of the world need to invest in boarding these kids and perhaps they get a few of them. I would bet he is as well connected with these girls in the AAU circuit as much as he is the college coaches. 

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I would imagine that the USJ’s and the TCA’s of the world aren’t appreciating the opportunity that Webb is giving these 5 star players. Sounds like the TCA’s and USJ’s of the world need to invest in boarding these kids and perhaps they get a few of them. I would bet he is as well connected with these girls in the AAU circuit as much as he is the college coaches. 

They aren’t going to be happy when Lakeway Christian is offering the housing for students and players also, that’s coming soon. McCallie and Baylor do the same thing in Division II large school also but no one is mentioning that. Webb isn’t the only school in the state offering this boarding opportunity.

Edited by GCPioneer

18 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

They aren’t going to be happy when Lakeway Christian is offering the housing for students and players also, that’s coming soon. McCallie and Baylor do the same thing in Division II large school also but no one is mentioning that. Webb isn’t the only school in the state offering this boarding opportunity.

Middle Tennessee and East Tennessee are growing big time and has a lot of people moving in and athletes as well. I wasn’t joking when I said that West TN private schools need to look into it if they want to be competitive and keep up. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Middle Tennessee and East Tennessee are growing big time and has a lot of people moving in and athletes as well. I wasn’t joking when I said that West TN private schools need to look into it if they want to be competitive and keep up. 

I agree totally! They’re going get left behind. I’m sure when Ayers gets in high school they will attract some players to USJ. TCA may be in big trouble 

16 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

It's only a matter of time before Saint Andrews Sewanee (Boarding School) wakes up and begins to place a significant amount of resources into athletics.  At the present time SAS is a great academic institution that could care less about athletics but a new headmaster and board of directors would change everything.

15 minutes ago, cbg said:

It's only a matter of time before Saint Andrews Sewanee (Boarding School) wakes up and begins to place a significant amount of resources into athletics.  At the present time SAS is a great academic institution that could care less about athletics but a new headmaster and board of directors would change everything.

I did not realize that Saint Andrews Sewanee had boarding as well... or at least I've never really thought about it. You are absolutely correct on this.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Upvote 1

I don’t care what anybody says when you have 9 players from out of state or out of the country there is some serious recruiting going on!  If two or three shows up because the coach has a great reputation then that might fly but not 9!  Nobody is going to beat this elite AAU team in D2A.  Why not play up in a division and at least get some competition?!  You could take the best two players from the other top 5 D2A teams and they couldn’t match that roster!  What are you really accomplishing by recruiting a roster like this?