Class 2A 2022

TheLongestYard

19 hours ago, RTD said:

Keep thinking TC will be down and the H20 season will end the same way as this season. H2O will be the team down TC returns its whole backfield besides from one back. From what I saw when H2O qb went down you'll have more to worry about than winning the east. 

Of course the one back you refer to only rushed for 1400 yards and a bunch of TDs.  TC doesn’t have anyone of his caliber waiting in the wings. He was key this season cause he could house one if given the slightest crease. Will miss that next year badly.  

agree though on water qb situation. Neither kid who came in for cousino 2 weeks ago looked very good. Although they were thrown in unexpectedly on a cold night in the last game of the year. Still neither seemed to be near the runner or athlete cous was.  

On 12/2/2021 at 6:45 PM, RiversideP said:

Yes General, I see us both having great chances to be back in the same position we was in this year. I don’t know what Lewis County has returning but you can never count them out 

Except by the end of the second round playoffs!

23 hours ago, Salem said:

Forrest should visit Riverside in November 2022 with a trip to the semis on the line again. Next year will be the first time without a truly dominant Region 7 team so Regions 5 and 6 will have a realistic chance to go to the ship.

As dominant as Riverside seemed last season, unless there is a major catastrophe happening with them, they will be the clear cut winner of that region. The way Cascade flames out, my guess is they were way over rated. Therefore, my guess is Chapel Hill will rule that region.

Thing I’m wondering is if Hohenwald will enter the season ranked next year? I’m thinking the word is out on that program.

Now, with Riverside taking assertive control of that region, will the t$$aa pull them out and move them i to the region with Chapel Hill??? Seems crazy to thing but things like that have happened before that opened a door for Hohenwald.

Then, what about Summertown coming on? 

On 12/4/2021 at 7:37 AM, DealLawyer said:

Of course the one back you refer to only rushed for 1400 yards and a bunch of TDs.  TC doesn’t have anyone of his caliber waiting in the wings. He was key this season cause he could house one if given the slightest crease. Will miss that next year badly.  

agree though on water qb situation. Neither kid who came in for cousino 2 weeks ago looked very good. Although they were thrown in unexpectedly on a cold night in the last game of the year. Still neither seemed to be near the runner or athlete cous was.  

Of course you never know who might be hitting that transfer portal. I am hearing about a gordy starter who is not too happy. 

27 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Of course you never know who might be hitting that transfer portal. I am hearing about a gordy starter who is not too happy. 

Cracking corn Jimmy now if he transfers to that satterfield mans team make sure you fellars give a refresher to him on sportsmanship.  You think im joking but im not.

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Marion County will have a talented bunch just like this year, but will that talent be put in the best position to win, especially when it comes to playoff time. Gen Forrest, that trip to your place might be a long ride back home. 

Several jailhouse fellars was in attendance to watch little brother win another title.  Lots of grumbling going on.  You think im joking but im not.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:37 AM, DealLawyer said:

Wasn’t all this just said when Rankins graduated too? TC would be down, but they returned to the 4th round again? It comes down to how much work they want to put in the off season. TC still has some dogs, like Watertown still has some dogs. I do think Watertown’s QB meant everything to their team. BC was the stud for TC, but if he wasn’t able to go, the next man would step up. TC lost it’s QB in the middle of the season, and didn’t miss a beat….that is until we had to pass. Looking forward to next year already! Great talent in these neck of the woods! 

2 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

Wasn’t all this just said when Rankins graduated too? TC would be down, but they returned to the 4th round again? It comes down to how much work they want to put in the off season. TC still has some dogs, like Watertown still has some dogs. I do think Watertown’s QB meant everything to their team. BC was the stud for TC, but if he wasn’t able to go, the next man would step up. TC lost it’s QB in the middle of the season, and didn’t miss a beat….that is until we had to pass. Looking forward to next year already! Great talent in these neck of the woods! 

TC did lose some good seniors after the 18, 19 and 20 seasons but had some quality replacements ready to step in. Most of us don’t see the replacements ready to fill in for next year and the middle school talent is down. But hopefully someone is ready to step it up or some good transfers arrive!