Class 2A 2022

TheLongestYard

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Likewise, yall better do some heavy recruiting.  Losing the Hixson and East ridge players, Scottsboro last year.  Stoney better check his place of employment and see if he can find some more.

Question for y’all kinfolks. Why is Marion always worried about South Pittsburg? I always see you guys moaning about South Pitt getting players. Y’all need to worry about Marion and eat that humble pie H2O gave you because it won’t get any easier next year with what all Watertown has coming back. Marion better find another play caller then find a new offense because the game I saw y’all won’t get where your going running that. Talking to one guy at the game though it sounded like your best year after this one might be 2023. Was told it might be better class than any of the 3 that went to state. That’s a lot to live up to but you need to worry about yourself instead of your kinfolks down the road. After some of the success y’all had a few years back your program should be better than that. I hope y’all can figure it out though. Some good folks down that way. I’m just keeping it real 

2 hours ago, biggest said:

Big shoes to fill, but I think they are alot better next year. 

Cooper kid for H20 is a stud. Impressive what he did as a Sophomore. I think they are the favorite. Tyner will be most talented in Chatt area imo then probably Marion but they lost 2 of 3 best playmakers so verdict will be out on them. Meigs and TC will both be down. I’m just keeping it real

Forrest and Riverside will again be in position to play for a Semis spot in the R5/R6 bracket. I expect Forrest to be improved our two most productive runners were jr and soph this year. QB might be a freshman but he can play and has started every grade since flag football. @Salem can confirm.  

This time the game would be at Riverside though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest and Riverside will again be in position to play for a Semis spot in the R5/R6 bracket. I expect Forrest to be improved our two most productive runners were jr and soph this year. QB might be a freshman but he can play and has started every grade since flag football. @Salem can confirm.  

Riverside caught my eye this year. What all do they have returning?

18 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Yes General, I see us both having great chances to be back in the same position we was in this year. I don’t know what Lewis County has returning but you can never count them out 

Edited by RiversideP

1 hour ago, toinemac said:

I don’t think his age is the same issue as it is for Ty. He is closer to the age of his peers. 

What is y'alls hangup with age? I would encourage any young couple with a son to hold back starting them in school an extra year. Not just from an athletic standpoint but academics and an emotional and physical maturity standpoint. We did with ours and it was the best decision to make. Girls, it's not a big deal to most but boys need that, especially if their birthday is from summer to fall.

14 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

What is y'alls hangup with age? I would encourage any young couple with a son to hold back starting them in school an extra year. Not just from an athletic standpoint but academics and an emotional and physical maturity standpoint. We did with ours and it was the best decision to make. Girls, it's not a big deal to most but boys need that, especially if their birthday is from summer to fall.

Every parent has the right to do what’s best for their kid. It’s rampant at Westview though. A kid should do just fine at any age with emotional and physical maturity with kids of equal age.