Class 2A 2022

TheLongestYard

On 12/6/2021 at 6:10 AM, oldfaithful said:

Marion County will have a talented bunch just like this year, but will that talent be put in the best position to win, especially when it comes to playoff time. Gen Forrest, that trip to your place might be a long ride back home. 

I'm not ever pickin Forrest over Marion til I see it happen. 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, Salem said:

Forrest should visit Riverside in November 2022 with a trip to the semis on the line again. Next year will be the first time without a truly dominant Region 7 team so Regions 5 and 6 will have a realistic chance to go to the ship.

Forrest has their top 4 rushers returning and should have an even better O-Line. If the DC returns the defense will be as good or better. But just like last season the QB position is in question. We will have a freshman who had a fantastic 8th grade season but not many teams will advance beyond Round 2 with a freshman 14 year old QB unless he looks like a 17 year old. Ours does not. It's inexcusable we are entering our 2nd offseason in a row with no clue who will take snaps for us in the spring. Any other Top 10 program in that predicament? 

I agree with the quarterback situation. However Swift use to play quarterback, and ran wildcat a lot last season. If the young guy doesn’t work out , I could see Swift taking the reigns. They still have a good stable of backs if Swift changes positions. Just a thought , I hope the young cat is up to the task and handles it well. Eager to see what happens.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, Tman2020 said:

I agree with the quarterback situation. However Swift use to play quarterback, and ran wildcat a lot last season. If the young guy doesn’t work out , I could see Swift taking the reigns. They still have a good stable of backs if Swift changes positions. Just a thought , I hope the young cat is up to the task and handles it well. Eager to see what happens.

this is interesting. good thoughts 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, Tman2020 said:

Sounds like you know the program but for those that do not. Swift was the QB in youth league.  Other than a handful of wildcat snaps late this year I don't think he has any game experience in middle school or JV in the 6 seasons he has been in the Forrest program. Due to an injury he was forced into the high spring scrimmage as an 8th grader and played well against two tough teams, Cornersville and Gordonsville. He was our best and only option for success in 2020 when the starter went down but got no opportunity. Hopefully leroy brown can speak for the Forrest offensive coordinator and explain that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, UCStrong77 said:

It is truly amazing the championships that have come out of west TN and I guess same region (7) since 2013 in A and AA. Trenton has won 4. UC has won 3. Dresden 1. Lake County 1 and now Westview 1. Dominance. 

I think the 2a representative will again come out of this region. Huntingdon, Westview, Union City winner will probably be coming out of the west. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

As an east fan…I have them winning the region…

I'm not counting us out of that for sure! No matter what TC and H20 will be tough just because it is a mental thing for us at this point! Like TC said though we gotta get our offense rolling if we want to win but I think they will have it figured out!

22 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

I'm not counting us out of that for sure! No matter what TC and H20 will be tough just because it is a mental thing for us at this point! Like TC said though we gotta get our offense rolling if we want to win but I think they will have it figured out!

Who are they?  Have they hired new coaches yet?

Edited by JimmyJohnson