Congratulatons Tess Darby and Chloe Moore McNeil

Greenfieldfan

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
16 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Wonderful. Their Coach bounced?

Yeah. He went to UT Martin a year as an Asst and then on to WV to take the boy's program. Rumor is that was the plan from the start, so his hometown folks wouldn't be too mad about it. In the end, it was a good move on his part. He'll have the WV boys program in a better position in year 2 and he and the WV's girl's coach are buddies as well, by what everyone says in Martin. I myself often wondered why they didn't ever play each other in regular season as the casual fan, but it was always funny reading the posts on here from Greenfield fans wanting that match up.....when in reality, they really didn't but just didn't know it. During that era, if they played 10....Greenfield may have won 1 or 2, but most small town programs are like chihuahuas until the big dogs take it serious, but it is entertaining to watch the emotion. 

It's fun watching Chloe, Tess and E on the D1 television stage and Greenfield was blessed with a great run of basketball for sure. As a fan of all of our locals, from Gibson County-Carroll County-Weakley County.....it's fun to see these players do good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 4:04 PM, LetsGoBrandon said:

I myself often wondered why they didn't ever play each other in regular season as the casual fan, but it was always funny reading the posts on here from Greenfield fans wanting that match up.....when in reality, they really didn't but just didn't know it. During that era, if they played 10....Greenfield may have won 1 or 2, but most small town programs are like chihuahuas until the big dogs take it serious, but it is entertaining to watch the emotion. 

Everybody knows why Westview Greenfield didnt play so dont go there.  Even Westviews team last year or this year couldnt beat Chloe & Tess and that Greenfield team.  Greenfield would have beat the Westview team in those years by 10-15 points (10 out of 10 times)  Westview wouldnt schedule that game and I understand why.  Its a shame that we didnt play each other but Greenfield did everything possible to get that game.  We would have played at Westview. That Greenfield team will go down as the best West Tennessee team ever.  

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Everybody knows why Westview Greenfield didnt play so dont go there.  Even Westviews team last year or this year couldnt beat Chloe & Tess and that Greenfield team.  Greenfield would have beat the Westview team in those years by 10-15 points (10 out of 10 times)  Westview wouldnt schedule that game and I understand why.  Its a shame that we didnt play each other but Greenfield did everything possible to get that game.  We would have played at Westview. That Greenfield team will go down as the best West Tennessee team ever.  

Go ask your former Coach and come back and give us the honest answer. That same WV team that beat Jackson SS by 28-30 is the same SS team that beat GF by 15 when they played common opponents. Everyone would've enjoyed those matchups, and everyone appreciated both teams and are proud of them...but you're delusional if you sincerely believe what you typed above. Stick to being a fan, because you don't understand what happens when you get past the 2 -3 best players on the team with the subs/bench. BTW, it's the same reason why WV won't play GF now either. It'd be the same result, but much worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Go ask your former Coach and come back and give us the honest answer. That same WV team that beat Jackson SS by 28-30 is the same SS team that beat GF by 15 when they played common opponents. Everyone would've enjoyed those matchups, and everyone appreciated both teams and are proud of them...but you're delusional if you sincerely believe what you typed above. Stick to being a fan, because you don't understand what happens when you get past the 2 -3 best players on the team with the subs/bench. BTW, it's the same reason why WV won't play GF now either. It'd be the same result, but much worse. 

Had to go back and look, bc you had me confused. In 2020 Gibson Co beat Westview by 9. That same Gibson co team lost by 30 and 20 to Greenfield. Wouldn’t have been a close game at all. Talking about depth? Greenfield had 3 power 5 players, 2 that were either D2 or NAIA, just chose not to play. And then bench was loaded. As good of a team that west Tennessee has seen. 

22 hours ago, GHSSupporter said:

Had to go back and look, bc you had me confused. In 2020 Gibson Co beat Westview by 9. That same Gibson co team lost by 30 and 20 to Greenfield. Wouldn’t have been a close game at all. Talking about depth? Greenfield had 3 power 5 players, 2 that were either D2 or NAIA, just chose not to play. And then bench was loaded. As good of a team that west Tennessee has seen. 

Laughable. GC beat a WV team minus Callins by 9 and another big girl on a play around weekend. You actually have 2 D1 players and another on a D1 team, who should be D2 or NAIA. Ask your former coach....lol