Congratulatons Tess Darby and Chloe Moore McNeil

Greenfieldfan

On 2/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, LetsGoBrandon said:

Pat spoiled us over all those years. Hopefully, Harper can get it figured out on the hill. It's been a while since we've been a legitimate powerhouse, but some of her recruiting moves have me suspect as well. I hope the Lady Vols can return to prominence soon. 

There was only one Pat Summit. Even her Son couldn’t carry on the Lady Vol Program as the Best in the Country. I think the Harper hire was a desperation move. She’s looking an awful lot like Derek Dooley and Butch Jones. A mid major Coach who can’t get it done on the big stage. Average coaching and average recruiting. There was a time when UT could get ANY Girl from ANYWHERE in the Country and Overseas. Those days are long gone regrettably. We should have gone after an Established D1 coach from South Carolina , Duke, Stanford, etc. But we once again thought an up an coming D2 coach would get us back to being the Premier Program of the Past under Summit. I really like Kelley Harper but she’s not the answer. It’s time to cut her loose and go get a real Coach asap. 

12 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

There was only one Pat Summit. Even her Son couldn’t carry on the Lady Vol Program as the Best in the Country. I think the Harper hire was a desperation move. She’s looking an awful lot like Derek Dooley and Butch Jones. A mid major Coach who can’t get it done on the big stage. Average coaching and average recruiting. There was a time when UT could get ANY Girl from ANYWHERE in the Country and Overseas. Those days are long gone regrettably. We should have gone after an Established D1 coach from South Carolina , Duke, Stanford, etc. But we once again thought an up an coming D2 coach would get us back to being the Premier Program of the Past under Summit. I really like Kelley Harper but she’s not the answer. It’s time to cut her loose and go get a real Coach asap. 

I am proud of Tess, Edie and Chloe. Makes me mad that Chloe is not in orange with them. TN is kinda in between a rock and a hard place with Harper. She won three National Titles in a row and if I am not mistaken played one with an ACL injury. So you know she will get more rope than the average coach and should. But I agree the heat is on her. Indiana and Chloe are third in the country I hear in Turnover/Assist Ratio. Tess is playing well but they need better PG play and less TO’s. I watch them every chance I get and am proud of them. They were all gym rats and earned where they are.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

There was only one Pat Summit. Even her Son couldn’t carry on the Lady Vol Program as the Best in the Country. I think the Harper hire was a desperation move. She’s looking an awful lot like Derek Dooley and Butch Jones. A mid major Coach who can’t get it done on the big stage. Average coaching and average recruiting. There was a time when UT could get ANY Girl from ANYWHERE in the Country and Overseas. Those days are long gone regrettably. We should have gone after an Established D1 coach from South Carolina , Duke, Stanford, etc. But we once again thought an up a coming D2 coach would get us back to being the Premier Program of the Past under Summit. I really like Kelley Harper but she’s not the answer. It’s time to cut her loose and go get a real Coach asap. 

If you think they were getting Dawn Staley or Tara VanDerveer, you’ve lost your mind. Tennessee has played the toughest schedule in the country and lost their starting post player in the middle of doing it. Have they lost some games they shouldn’t have? Yes. But they’re still 12-2 in arguably the toughest conference in the country. The fact that there aren’t any recruits coming yet for next year is more concerning than her coaching ability. That does fall on her, but that is also a recruiting coordinator’s problem too. Let’s see what happens with the transfer portal and revisit this conversation again soon.

On 2/19/2023 at 2:42 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Tess had 17 points for the Lady Vols today and Chloe had 14 points for the #2 ranked Indiana Hoosiers.  Never before has west Tennessee high schools had two girls starting and contributing to two Big Five power schools before.  

Brandon & westtnsportsfan - Please don’t knock our little school from Greenfield any more.  We were Class A but still the best team in Tennessee that year of all classifications.  Tess, Chloe & Edie  are showing the world that that team was a once in a lifetime team.   Three Division 1 players on the same team.  Westview didnt want to be embarrassed that year and everyone that knows basketball knows they would have been.  If you can’t say anything positive please move on this thread is not for you.  

I’m not knocking anybody but you, you can’t say you were the best west TN team ever and not expect anybody to argue. They were super good and had players go D1 yes but they also won 1 gold ball! That’s you disrespecting other teams saying that they are the best ever! They were “the best team in Tennessee that year” the year before and didn’t win it correct? 

18 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Westtnsportsfan why don’t you leave this thread alone.  You must be a Westview fan hiding behind a screen name just like Brandon, it’s sad you can’t give our Greenfield girls credit. Please move on.  This is suppose to be about Chloe and Tess not Westview. 

Def not a Westview fan and you’re right, this thread is not about greenfield it’s about Chloe and Tess…

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/kasi.darby/posts/pfbid0DfYVwyxsptLvyYdsyQv3KTb2HqcUP27B9J6QW35wJqWpmngSxxFYnbKQgg2chHyul

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02VEP8gypTPVNBhRve1jgRdEwETACEtW8CzUUc7D8ifyqZAWLRtRRYW4chQibBnPC8l&id=155203201181133&mibextid=l066kq

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0WzGzKHtLzHXDPYHn4btB6k1UYPzS6iaMrGBUQAjroApdUYLAjUUu9vxnHDGKRPitl&id=1672565147&mibextid=l066kq

Tess Darby & Chloe Moore NcNeil are leaders on and off the floor.  These Greenfield girls are making an impact.  It’s really unbelievable what these girls are accomplishing on the big time stage.  Greenfield is proud of you Tess, Chloe & Edie!

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, westtnsportsfan said:

I’m not knocking anybody but you, you can’t say you were the best west TN team ever and not expect anybody to argue. They were super good and had players go D1 yes but they also won 1 gold ball! That’s you disrespecting other teams saying that they are the best ever! They were “the best team in Tennessee that year” the year before and didn’t win it correct? 

I’m sorry, but you keep saying they “only won 1 gold ball”. You do realize that they were undefeated winning games by over 30 ppg when their season was ended in the state tourney by Covid? Idk that anyone says it’s the best 4 year run by a team ever. Even though it was pretty dang good. 123-13, 3 state tourneys, 1 gold ball, and an undefeated season that wasn’t finished. The only difference in them and those Gibson county teams, was Gibson county got to play 2 more games. I actually think them and those Gibson co teams would be a great game. But to say Greenfield would finish 4th in that district is dumbfounding. 

On 2/22/2023 at 7:28 PM, GHSSupporter said:

I’m sorry, but you keep saying they “only won 1 gold ball”. You do realize that they were undefeated winning games by over 30 ppg when their season was ended in the state tourney by Covid? Idk that anyone says it’s the best 4 year run by a team ever. Even though it was pretty dang good. 123-13, 3 state tourneys, 1 gold ball, and an undefeated season that wasn’t finished. The only difference in them and those Gibson county teams, was Gibson county got to play 2 more games. I actually think them and those Gibson co teams would be a great game. But to say Greenfield would finish 4th in that district is dumbfounding. 

There was also a Middleton team that had won 67 straight games that lost in the Semis in 2016, things happen in the glass house. Nobody else claims a title that year. Its just as dumbfounded to say they were the best team ever in west tn. A team consist of more than 3 players. 

Edited by westtnsportsfan

On 2/27/2023 at 7:25 AM, westtnsportsfan said:

There was also a Middleton team that had won 67 straight games that lost in the Semis in 2016, things happen in the glass house. Nobody else claims a title that year. Its just as dumbfounded to say they were the best team ever in west tn. A team consist of more than 3 players. 

This right here is about as simple as you can say it.  They were a great team no doubt.  But so was Middleton. And greenfield the year before when they lost and those Obion co, westview etc teams that couldn’t beat the great GC teams. Still gotta win when it matters.  That gold ball they have is a joke 

Edited by GlassHouseBound

EBF654D8-12E4-46BE-A6D1-A9BD315C02C9.thumb.jpeg.dca06a6a18b6b8e4317f9f064e9a8735.jpegPlease don’t get on here and run little ole Class A Greenfield down.  This is about the Chloe Tess and now Edie.  How many girls from west Tennessee have ever played in the SEC? How many girls from West Tennessee were All Big 10, All Big 10 Defensive ream and won the Big 10 Championship!   

Greenfield has 3 girls playing big time basketball.  Two in the SEC and one Big 10 off one high school team, it has never happened before and will probably never happen again.  We got to see a once in a lifetime team.  

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, westtnsportsfan said:

I'll definitely take my 2005-2006 North Side girls over any of those Greenfield teams that Tess and Chloe were on. It's not a shot at Greenfield either. Not to mention the 04-05 North Side girls with Sha Brooks on it, and even the Dyersburg girls in that same year.