Congratulatons Tess Darby and Chloe Moore McNeil

Greenfieldfan

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Chloe did a great job guarding and disrupting Caitlin Clark the other night. She perfects her role and she is in great shape, and seems to be having fun playing a game of basketball. I've been impressed with Indiana in the women's game more than any other team that's out there. 

Great article also about Chloe's defense and play in IndyStar, InsidetheHall, and FanNation. I still can't believe the Lady Vols did not even give her an offer. Now, we're all Lady Hoosier fans from NW Tennessee. 

2 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Great article also about Chloe's defense and play in IndyStar, InsidetheHall, and FanNation. I still can't believe the Lady Vols did not even give her an offer. Now, we're all Lady Hoosier fans from NW Tennessee. 

I'm not surprised, I've been disappointed with Tennessee Lady Vols basketball for a while now. The "it's all going to work out in the end" is true for both Chloe and Tess. One is playing for a college in her home state wearing the Orange and White. The other is seemed to be playing a huge role on a team that has great Final Four potential, while it seems like she's having fun and the Indiana fans are embracing her.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm not surprised, I've been disappointed with Tennessee Lady Vols basketball for a while now. The "it's all going to work out in the end" is true for both Chloe and Tess. One is playing for a college in her home state wearing the Orange and White. The other is seemed to be playing a huge role on a team that has great Final Four potential, while it seems like she's having fun and the Indiana fans are embracing her.

Pat spoiled us over all those years. Hopefully, Harper can get it figured out on the hill. It's been a while since we've been a legitimate powerhouse, but some of her recruiting moves have me suspect as well. I hope the Lady Vols can return to prominence soon. 

11 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Pat spoiled us over all those years. Hopefully, Harper can get it figured out on the hill. It's been a while since we've been a legitimate powerhouse, but some of her recruiting moves have me suspect as well. I hope the Lady Vols can return to prominence soon. 

The gut punch is Kim Mulkey taking that LSU job in year 2 I think and is now a top 5/10 team, while Tennessee is just struggling to win consistently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What is bad about it is her strengths are TN’s weaknesses. Chloe is one of the highest IQ players you will see and a super PG. She don’t turn it over and TN can’t go a possession without a Turnover And Chloe showed out at the Westview Classic in front of her. She sat in Westview gym watching her against Loretto and she showed out. I root for them but they have issues. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What is bad about it is her strengths are TN’s weaknesses. Chloe is one of the highest IQ players you will see and a super PG. She don’t turn it over and TN can’t go a possession without a Turnover And Chloe showed out at the Westview Classic in front of her. She sat in Westview gym watching her against Loretto and she showed out. I root for them but they have issues. 

Tennessee I'm taking that's who you're referring to?

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Yes. They haven’t beat a ranked team all year. I wished Chloe was at TN. Can’t believe they let her get out of here. 

Because hiring Kellie Harper was a mistake to begin with, but no one in Knoxville is going to admit it. Tennessee needs to move on from the Pat Summitt tree and start fresh (other than Kara Lawson). Tennessee does not look athletic, they don't play with this edge that South Carolina (and you can say Indiana) plays with, and they don't look like they're in shape. There's no life around that program anymore, and it's sad. And you're right, Chloe has what Tennessee is missing.

I hate that Tennessee didn't offer Chloe, but Chloe is doing just fine in Indiana, and that's great! 

Kellie Harper didn't deserve the job, but she got it because she played high school in Tennessee and played at Tennessee. Politics is still running that university.

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Because hiring Kellie Harper was a mistake to begin with, but no one in Knoxville is going to admit it. Tennessee needs to move on from the Pat Summitt tree and start fresh (other than Kara Lawson). Tennessee does not look athletic, they don't play with this edge that South Carolina (and you can say Indiana) plays with, and they don't look like they're in shape. There's no life around that program anymore, and it's sad. And you're right, Chloe has what Tennessee is missing.

I hate that Tennessee didn't offer Chloe, but Chloe is doing just fine in Indiana, and that's great! 

Kellie Harper didn't deserve the job, but she got it because she played high school in Tennessee and played at Tennessee. Politics is still running that university.

Word on Volquest is she don’t have any commitments for next year. I am not sold on her either. Who could actually look in the mirror and tell their self they are. I wish them well but we will see. I agree Chloe is really doing well and made a great choice in Indiana. 

Edited by pioneer42

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Word on Volquest is she don’t have any commitments for next year. I am not sold on her either. Who could actually look in the mirror and tell their self they are. I wish them well but we will see. I agree Chloe is really doing well and made a great choice in Indiana. 

Tennessee doesn't have any top 50 or top 100 commits. She had I believe 3, and then they opted for LSU and South Carolina. That tells me all that I need to know about her ability in this program. 

Tess had 17 points for the Lady Vols today and Chloe had 14 points for the #2 ranked Indiana Hoosiers.  Never before has west Tennessee high schools had two girls starting and contributing to two Big Five power schools before.  

Brandon & westtnsportsfan - Please don’t knock our little school from Greenfield any more.  We were Class A but still the best team in Tennessee that year of all classifications.  Tess, Chloe & Edie  are showing the world that that team was a once in a lifetime team.   Three Division 1 players on the same team.  Westview didnt want to be embarrassed that year and everyone that knows basketball knows they would have been.  If you can’t say anything positive please move on this thread is not for you.  

Edited by Greenfieldfan

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Tess had 17 points for the Lady Vols today and Chloe had 14 points for the #2 ranked Indiana Hoosiers.  Never before has west Tennessee high schools had two girls starting and contributing to two Big Five power schools before.  

Brandon & westtnsportsfan - Please don’t knock our little school from Greenfield any more.  We were Class A but still the best team in Tennessee that year of all classifications.  Tess, Chloe & Edie  are showing the world that that team was a once in a lifetime team.   Three Division 1 players on the same team.  Westview didnt want to be embarrassed that year and everyone that knows basketball knows they would have been.  If you can’t say anything positive please move on this thread is not for you.  

No one is knocking Chloe, Tess, or Edie or those years that they had or even your school..but you're absolutely delusional and evidently, your other family member or cousin on CoacthT land is too and are the only ones to make that kind of statement. You accomplished 1 state championship in 4 years with that team while being able to dodge Loretto. Everyone on this thread recognizes how good those girls were in high school and appreciates that run, but being a big fish in a little pond is different than being in a big pond. Someone around you needs to tell you how idiotic your thinking is. No offense...and I know the truth hurts and we (CoachT'ers) hope you understand reality someday for your sake. Your total disrespect of the other power programs in this area is what is really disrespectful.