How good are West Tn Teams?

BallIsLife1

58 minutes ago, HCHSladyPats said:

Gibson County, Westview, McKenzie are all very good,

I have not seen Southside or South Gibson but they appear to be really good.

Glad to see our Lady Patriots mentioned,  

TIme will tell on Dyer county and Henry county.

I have heard all these names mentioned in a few conversations, but like you I have not seen them all. 

My take on these teams based on what I’ve seen and heard:

Gibson County and Westview are both REALLY good. Their battle for the region title will be huge because neither wants to go to Loretto for a substate game.

South Side is good but not as good as they have been in recent years.  They’ll cruise to the state tournament, but I don’t think they win it unless Currie-Jelks gets healthy.

South Gibson has a great record but hasn’t played anybody yet. They’ve got a game at Gibson Co in a couple weeks. That game will tell a lot. Don’t think they’ll win at Dyer but can they be competitive?

Henry Co is solid, not great. Their best win is at Gleason. Their district should come down to them and Clarksville NW since Dickson Co is way down right now.

Dyer Co has some wins over some bad teams but got blown out by a 1-6 USJ team and lost at home to an average Lawrence Co team.

5 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

How good is......

Gibson County

South Gibson

Westview

South Side

Dyer County

Henry County

I am putting South Side, Gibson County and Westview as very good and any of the three could beat each other on a given day. Henry County we played our whole bench against and won by 15 but probably is the best we have played all year so they are a good team. South Gibson is good but like TCA their post play is OK but not their strong point. Dyer County is not the Dyer County we seen last year. May get better as year goes on but are down for their standards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am putting South Side, Gibson County and Westview as very good and any of the three could beat each other on a given day. Henry County we played our whole bench against and won by 15 but probably is the best we have played all year so they are a good team. South Gibson is good but like TCA their post play is OK but not their strong point. Dyer County is not the Dyer County we seen last year. May get better as year goes on but are down for their standards. 

Haven't seen Henry County as of yet, but rest of you thoughts I totally agree with. 

9 minutes ago, maddams said:

My take on these teams based on what I’ve seen and heard:

Gibson County and Westview are both REALLY good. Their battle for the region title will be huge because neither wants to go to Loretto for a substate game.

South Side is good but not as good as they have been in recent years.  They’ll cruise to the state tournament, but I don’t think they win it unless Currie-Jelks gets healthy.

South Gibson has a great record but hasn’t played anybody yet. They’ve got a game at Gibson Co in a couple weeks. That game will tell a lot. Don’t think they’ll win at Dyer but can they be competitive?

Henry Co is solid, not great. Their best win is at Gleason. Their district should come down to them and Clarksville NW since Dickson Co is way down right now.

Dyer Co has some wins over some bad teams but got blown out by a 1-6 USJ team and lost at home to an average Lawrence Co team.

South Gibson is good and is playing 94 feet and will be competitive every game. Will be interesting to see how they handle Gibson County and South Side’s pressure. They got a good young post, but she will have problems against GC’s post and other bigger post players.

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson is good and is playing 94 feet and will be competitive every game. Will be interesting to see how they handle Gibson County and South Side’s pressure. They got a good young post, but she will have problems against GC’s post and other bigger post players.

I am going to try my best to see the battle of Gibson County this year, which is now between Gibson County and South Gibson since Trenton and Humboldt aren't relevant. Many people have been talking about South Gibson, so I agree with you. If they can withstand the pressure from Gibson and South Side then they may actually be pretty good. Thinking back from seeing them the last couple years, I don't see that happening with what they have lost and what they returned. Hopefully I am off in time to make one of those games.