How good are West Tn Teams?

BallIsLife1

3 hours ago, HCHSladyPats said:

I am wondering why no one is talking about McKenzie?  I would put them right next to westview and GIbson county.

Not a diss to the Lady Rebels, but they're not in that category yet. They're definitely good and I think they'll be a lot better as the season goes on.  I know that we're pretty solid and we take care of the ball, have scorers, and play a style that makes other teams uncomfortable. Wilkins will always have us prepared for any team. Westview just reloads and brings the next one or two up every year from Jr High and they have a Junior in Harrison that is being sought by several big D1 powerhouse programs and they've added a freshman to their arsenal that scored over 20 the other night and is on the US National Softball Team. GC and WV are deep this year and I don't think the Rebels have the depth to match. Like I said, not a diss, but an honest observation. 

• Like 1

Well like I stated earlier. I am trying my best to make the Gibson County and South Gibson game to see just how good South Gibson is and I also want to see the Gibson County and Westview games. So far Westview hasn't played any strong opponents with maybe the exception of Lausanne. They wont be tested until they play in the Nike tournament in Arizona.

I hear Mckenzie is pretty good, I need to put them on my must see list.

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Well like I stated earlier. I am trying my best to make the Gibson County and South Gibson game to see just how good South Gibson is and I also want to see the Gibson County and Westview games. So far Westview hasn't played any strong opponents with maybe the exception of Lausanne. They wont be tested until they play in the Nike tournament in Arizona.

I hear Mckenzie is pretty good, I need to put them on my must see list.

McKenzie is good and a likely 1 or 2 in state rankings in Single A IMO, but is a little like TCA and South Gibson in the post position, IMO, I do think there shooters are off the chart and can beat us or Westview on a given day, but there post play isn’t as good as ours and Westview’s.

Edited by pioneer42

Girls

1. Westview (4-0): Results: Beat Chester County. This week: Tuesday at Dyer County; Friday vs. Obion County. Last week: No. 1.
2. McKenzie (6-0): Results: Beat USJ, Huntingdon. This week: Tuesday vs. Greenfield; Friday at Henry County. Last week: No. 2.
3. Gibson County (8-0): Results: Beat Dresden, TCA. This week: Tuesday vs. Dyersburg; Friday vs. Crockett County. Last week: No. 3.
4. South Gibson (7-0): Results: Beat Madison, Peabody, Dyersburg. This week: Tuesday at Crockett County; Thursday vs. Peabody; Friday at Madison. Last week: No. 4.
5. South Side (6-1): Results: Beat Fayette-Ware, Covington. This week: Friday vs. Ripley. Last week: No. 5.
6. Gleason (6-1): Results: Beat Lake County, Huntingdon. This week: Monday vs. Big Sandy; Friday vs. Lake County. Last week: No. 9.
7. Scotts Hill (6-0): Results: Beat Carroll Academy, Collinwood, Clarksburg. This week: Tuesday vs. McNairy Central; Friday vs. Lexington. Last week: No. 11.
8. TCA (4-2): Results: Beat Greenfield; Lost to Gibson County. This week: Tuesday vs. Chester County; Friday at McNairy Central. Last week: No. 6.
9. Hardin County (2-1): Results: Beat Bolivar; Lost to Lawrence County. This week: Tuesday vs. Central (Ala); Thursday vs. Kossuth (Miss.). Last week: No. 7.
10. Fayette-Ware (3-3): Results: Lost to South Side, Bartlett. This week: Tuesday at Middleton; Friday vs. Haywood. Last week: No. 8.
11. Bradford (5-0): Results: Beat Halls, West Carroll. This week: Tuesday vs. Milan; Thursday vs. Halls; Saturday at Lake County. Last week: Not ranked.
12. Greenfield (3-3): Results: Beat Peabody; Lost to TCA. This week: Tuesday at McKenzie; Friday at Bruceton. Last week: No. 10.

Dropped out: Huntingdon (4-3).
On the bubble: Crockett County (4-2); Dyer County (5-2); Fayette Academy (4-1); Union City (4-2).

41 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

IMO 1-5 need to be redone completely being:

1.-2. Westview/GC depending on their games

3. Southside

4.-5. TCA/McKenzie 

With 4-5 being a step below the top 3. JMO. 

If that is a Jackson Sun poll your looking at I wouldn’t pay any attention to it. They only had a small article when Gibson County won the state in 2019. They know very little about basketball in West Tennessee. They only report who they like. Having South Side and TCA way down the list is a sure enough red flag.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If that is a Jackson Sun poll your looking at I wouldn’t pay any attention to it. They only had a small article when Gibson County won the state in 2019. They know very little about basketball in West Tennessee. They only report who they like. Having South Side and TCA way down the list is a sure enough red flag.

The Jackson Sun is what it is......I don't use those words. Here's the "real" rankings and I watch a lot of ball and know the team makeups. 

1. Gibson County

2. Westview

3. South Side

4/5. McKenzie or South Gibson

6-10: the Rest

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

The Jackson Sun is what it is......I don't use those words. Here's the "real" rankings and I watch a lot of ball and know the team makeups. 

1. Gibson County

2. Westview

3. South Side

4/5. McKenzie or South Gibson

6-10: the Rest

Good list. South Gibson TCA would be a good game and are close, IMO.  Hard to judge Westview because of their schedule. McKenzie is a good team. Just need more inside presence. 

• Like 1