How good are West Tn Teams?

BallIsLife1

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good list. South Gibson TCA would be a good game and are close, IMO.  Hard to judge Westview because of their schedule. McKenzie is a good team. Just need more inside presence. 

I agree. WV won't be tested until they play in that Nike event. I'm looking forward to our matchups this year and expect at least 4 with them...at a minimum. 

10 minutes ago, Tennesseepicks said:

I think TCA is in a different class than South Gibson. S Gibson barely beat a down Crockett Co team

Crockett County may be better than we think. They are always scrappy and play us well every year. I know there PG is really fast and athletic and I am sure they have some other players. Might take them a minute to gel but I think that was a good win for South Gibson tonight at Crockett County. I think TCA and South Gibson would be a pick em. 

6 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I agree. WV won't be tested until they play in that Nike event. I'm looking forward to our matchups this year and expect at least 4 with them...at a minimum. 

No doubt. I know Westview reloads well but it is hard for me to vision they are better than GC after they lost three starters. I know the Simms girl is for real but she is a Freshman. GC shut down Jada Williams and Bonds last year for UC and they can play. I expect every bag of tricks Westview has to try and beat GC. Haskins is a good coach. One thing about GC I am proud of so far is they are protecting the ball pretty well. Even against South Side we didn’t shoot or rebound well but we handled their pressure pretty well and grinded out a win. South Side will be the quickest team we play all year, IMO.

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Crockett County may be better than we think. They are always scrappy and play us well every year. I know there PG is really fast and athletic and I am sure they have some other players. Might take them a minute to gel but I think that was a good win for South Gibson tonight at Crockett County. I think TCA and South Gibson would be a pick em. 

TCA by 8

Crockett  got beat by 5 to McNairy & TCA beat Mcnairy by 21

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Who wins district 13AAA?

CC

Obion

Dyersburg

Dyer Co

19 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Girls

1. Westview (4-0): Results: Beat Chester County. This week: Tuesday at Dyer County; Friday vs. Obion County. Last week: No. 1.
2. McKenzie (6-0): Results: Beat USJ, Huntingdon. This week: Tuesday vs. Greenfield; Friday at Henry County. Last week: No. 2.
3. Gibson County (8-0): Results: Beat Dresden, TCA. This week: Tuesday vs. Dyersburg; Friday vs. Crockett County. Last week: No. 3.
4. South Gibson (7-0): Results: Beat Madison, Peabody, Dyersburg. This week: Tuesday at Crockett County; Thursday vs. Peabody; Friday at Madison. Last week: No. 4.
5. South Side (6-1): Results: Beat Fayette-Ware, Covington. This week: Friday vs. Ripley. Last week: No. 5.
6. Gleason (6-1): Results: Beat Lake County, Huntingdon. This week: Monday vs. Big Sandy; Friday vs. Lake County. Last week: No. 9.
7. Scotts Hill (6-0): Results: Beat Carroll Academy, Collinwood, Clarksburg. This week: Tuesday vs. McNairy Central; Friday vs. Lexington. Last week: No. 11.
8. TCA (4-2): Results: Beat Greenfield; Lost to Gibson County. This week: Tuesday vs. Chester County; Friday at McNairy Central. Last week: No. 6.
9. Hardin County (2-1): Results: Beat Bolivar; Lost to Lawrence County. This week: Tuesday vs. Central (Ala); Thursday vs. Kossuth (Miss.). Last week: No. 7.
10. Fayette-Ware (3-3): Results: Lost to South Side, Bartlett. This week: Tuesday at Middleton; Friday vs. Haywood. Last week: No. 8.
11. Bradford (5-0): Results: Beat Halls, West Carroll. This week: Tuesday vs. Milan; Thursday vs. Halls; Saturday at Lake County. Last week: Not ranked.
12. Greenfield (3-3): Results: Beat Peabody; Lost to TCA. This week: Tuesday at McKenzie; Friday at Bruceton. Last week: No. 10.

Dropped out: Huntingdon (4-3).
On the bubble: Crockett County (4-2); Dyer County (5-2); Fayette Academy (4-1); Union City (4-2).

Based on this post where are the quality wins? These "rankings" should consider strength of schedule sometimes.

2 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Who wins district 13AAA?

CC

Obion

Dyersburg

Dyer Co

My pick is Crockett County. Dyersburg has a bright future but is down this year. I do think they will make it to sub-state and if they stay out of Fayette Ware’s bracket have a decent shot at state. Their Region seems to be down as well. Covington will get better but like Dyersburg they are down. I think South Gibson and South Side will make it to sub-state without a lot of resistance. AAA across the state doesn’t seem to be as strong as AA. Upperman and Livingston Academy are good, but just seems like AA is loaded and AAA is not as strong.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt. I know Westview reloads well but it is hard for me to vision they are better than GC after they lost three starters. I know the Simms girl is for real but she is a Freshman. GC shut down Jada Williams and Bonds last year for UC and they can play. I expect every bag of tricks Westview has to try and beat GC. Haskins is a good coach. One thing about GC I am proud of so far is they are protecting the ball pretty well. Even against South Side we didn’t shoot or rebound well but we handled their pressure pretty well and grinded out a win. South Side will be the quickest team we play all year, IMO.

I'll take a split with them and be happy,,,,,,in regular season. Harrison isn't Williams and Bonds and they have 4 starters that can legitimately play at the next level, if they all wanted to. I think it'll come down to our big girl vs. their big girl and who wants it the most. I still say that GC is the favorite...but I enjoy being in the underdog role more often than being the one chased....until the end. 

2 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I'll take a split with them and be happy,,,,,,in regular season. Harrison isn't Williams and Bonds and they have 4 starters that can legitimately play at the next level, if they all wanted to. I think it'll come down to our big girl vs. their big girl and who wants it the most. I still say that GC is the favorite...but I enjoy being in the underdog role more often than being the one chased....until the end. 

Good assessment. I like our post and these games will likely be ugly defensive games like the South Side game was. One other thing I think as well is that Madison and Micah are as tight as any sisters I may have ever seen. Best buddies. And when it gets late in the year in these loser leave town matches and big time championship games they know their playing with each other could end and that will motivate them even more. I do have a good feeling about this team even though AA is definitely very strong. I have seen them all across the state and they have beat some of the best teams in the state. I like our chances.

I think Gleason needs to be put in the conversion in being one of the top teams in West TN. Alayna Anderson and Carrington Lifsey are playing red hot for them right now and they are dominating every team on their schedule. I will say this about McKenzie... yes we don't have a true post and yes our bench is very thin, but we make up our size difference with speed and smarts. We force a lot of steals and will press you to death for 4 full quarters.  The supporting cast around Savannah Davis has played well and  those girls are scoring at  a more efficient clip than last year. Big game against Henry County this Friday for both of our squads.

26 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I think Gleason needs to be put in the conversion in being one of the top teams in West TN. Alayna Anderson and Carrington Lifsey are playing red hot for them right now and they are dominating every team on their schedule. I will say this about McKenzie... yes we don't have a true post and yes our bench is very thin, but we make up our size difference with speed and smarts. We force a lot of steals and will press you to death for 4 full quarters.  The supporting cast around Savannah Davis has played well and  those girls are scoring at  a more efficient clip than last year. Big game against Henry County this Friday for both of our squads.

Gibson County and McKenzie play Tuesday and it will be a lightning fast pace. Place ought to be filled up because it will be a war.