How good are West Tn Teams?

BallIsLife1

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie is really good. They outrebounded us 2-1. Shot the lights out first three quarters. Not as good in the 4th. Going to take a really good performance to beat them in Single A. The Davis girl is big time. They got shooters all over. We won by 4 in a dogfight. They are my number 1 team in Single A with Clay County number 2.

Great assessment. 2 quality teams on the court and a late February/early March atmosphere. 

6 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I’m gonna say GC by 10-15.   Mckenzie is a good team.  I think GC is on another level.  Guards offset each other but mckenzie has no answer for Madison Hart.    Kudos to these team for scheduling this game. 2 of top 3 teams in West Tn   

who is your 3rd, assuming Westview?

Edited by HCHSladyPats

Great game tonight from both teams.  Gibson is very talented.  Wish we could have hit a couple more shots in the 4th.  Did anybody happen to see the Union City-Henry game?  That score kinda shocked me.  We were supposed to Play HC Friday but got canceled.  We play them Monday.  Was Bond in foul trouble?  Saw she only scored 10.  

1 hour ago, Rebelman51 said:

Great game tonight from both teams.  Gibson is very talented.  Wish we could have hit a couple more shots in the 4th.  Did anybody happen to see the Union City-Henry game?  That score kinda shocked me.  We were supposed to Play HC Friday but got canceled.  We play them Monday.  Was Bond in foul trouble?  Saw she only scored 10.  

We beat Henry County by 15 but led by 20 plus or so a lot of the game on opening weekend. I think y’all will beat them by 10-15. I was really impressed at how good McKenzie shot the three ball in transition. Obviously both teams are better since last year. The Davis kid really impressed me as well. McKenzie shoots the three with as much confidence as you will see. Gibson County played really well in the 4th I thought and that was the difference. Thought Gibson County played well in the first but their rebounding was bad. They rebounded better in the fourth and didn’t lose their man near as much.

Edited by pioneer42

The difference in last nights game was Micah Hart turned it up in the 4th and McKenzie couldn’t make shots. Second close game GC has played and second time she has basically took over in the 4th.  Some of Mckenzie cooling off had to do with GC backing out of the press and going man.  McKenzie was getting some easy looks on the press.   One other note.   There’s not many times you will see a team out work GC.  McKenzie absolutely did last night.  They are gonna be tough to beat in single A.  

15 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

The difference in last nights game was Micah Hart turned it up in the 4th and McKenzie couldn’t make shots. Second close game GC has played and second time she has basically took over in the 4th.  Some of Mckenzie cooling off had to do with GC backing out of the press and going man.  McKenzie was getting some easy looks on the press.   One other note.   There’s not many times you will see a team out work GC.  McKenzie absolutely did last night.  They are gonna be tough to beat in single A.  

McKenzie definitely outworked GC last night. Mckenzie is a physical ball team too, they will go a long way in single A. Harts girls just ended up being a little too much down the stretch, especially Micah in the 4th. Great game

1 hour ago, GlassHouseBound said:

GC definitely got outrebounded in a bad way. McKenzie had 3 different opportunities on possessions too many times. GC went more to a man to man press in the 4th and McKenzie didn’t get as much space. Thought McKenzie did a great job of creating looks by penetrating and kicking out. Both teams created TO’s but I thought GC turned more of McKenzie’s into points than McKenzie did and GC had more points in the paint by quite a bit. Looking at both teams GC has to rebound better and I think McKenzie has to protect the ball a little better moving forward. Both teams play again soon in McKenzie. GC with another battle with South Gibson this Friday. South Gibson is playing really well right now. Will be a good one.

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

GC definitely got outrebounded in a bad way. McKenzie had 3 different opportunities on possessions too many times. GC went more to a man to man press in the 4th and McKenzie didn’t get as much space. Thought McKenzie did a great job of creating looks by penetrating and kicking out. Both teams created TO’s but I thought GC turned more of McKenzie’s into points than McKenzie did and GC had more points in the paint by quite a bit. Looking at both teams GC has to rebound better and I think McKenzie has to protect the ball a little better moving forward. Both teams play again soon in McKenzie. GC with another battle with South Gibson this Friday. South Gibson is playing really well right now. Will be a good one.

Any links available for GC/Mckenzie? Sounds like it was a really good one!! Would love to see it 

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Any links available for GC/Mckenzie? Sounds like it was a really good one!! Would love to see it 

Go to GC Lady Pioneer Basketball on Facebook and dig around. It was a war. McKenzie is really good. They really sold me how great of shooters they are by how well they shot the three ball in transition. The boys game is on their too. Just scroll down when you pull it up. I am going to watch it again myself. South Gibson will be another war Friday Night. Come join us. 

Edited by pioneer42