How good are West Tn Teams?

BallIsLife1

Sorry been mia today.. crazy day at work. My biggest question was why did we press for the either 4 quarters with only six players? Our girls just completely ran out of gas in the 4th quarter, which led to a lot of missed shots and turnovers. Our players and coaching staff will learn from this and work to get better. On the bright side I am very proud of our girls for competing hard and battling back after being down double digits in the first half. Both teams were very physical with each other which was expected and in the end GC just out played us. 

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

We beat Henry County by 15 but led by 20 plus or so a lot of the game on opening weekend. I think y’all will beat them by 10-15. I was really impressed at how good McKenzie shot the three ball in transition. Obviously both teams are better since last year. The Davis kid really impressed me as well. McKenzie shoots the three with as much confidence as you will see. Gibson County played really well in the 4th I thought and that was the difference. Thought Gibson County played well in the first but their rebounding was bad. They rebounded better in the fourth and didn’t lose their man near as much.

When I saw that Henry county score I was like no way... Henry county is better then most thought, their Gleason win looks even more impressive now. We play them next Monday at their place really looking forward to that game. 

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

When I saw that Henry county score I was like no way... Henry county is better then most thought, their Gleason win looks even more impressive now. We play them next Monday at their place really looking forward to that game. 

Henry County is the best game GC played all year, IMO. Only a handful of TO’s, shot well, rebounded well and created multiple TO’s. We were up by mid 20’s a lot of the game and played our JV a lot and our entire bench. Henry County battled back in that game and was a good team, but we just played well. I think McKenzie is a better team and will beat them by 10-15. 

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Sorry been mia today.. crazy day at work. My biggest question was why did we press for the either 4 quarters with only six players? Our girls just completely ran out of gas in the 4th quarter, which led to a lot of missed shots and turnovers. Our players and coaching staff will learn from this and work to get better. On the bright side I am very proud of our girls for competing hard and battling back after being down double digits in the first half. Both teams were very physical with each other which was expected and in the end GC just out played us. 

I do think that the best four teams in West TN can beat each other on a given day. That would be in no particular order GC, South Side, McKenzie and Westview. South Gibson, TCA, Henry County and Gleason are up there close as well. 

Edited by pioneer42

I watched the McKenzie/GC game last night on Facebook. Thanks @pioneer42 for the heads up. Great game! McKenzie had to leave that game feeling that they should have won the game. Hart and Hart are legit and GC’s role players made just enough plays to win the game. The GC role players will determine how far GC goes this year. Last year at the state tournament, North Greene basically ignored everyone not named Hart. If The role players continue defending and making open shots, GC will be hard to beat

On 12/15/2021 at 8:13 AM, BallIsLife1 said:

They never do. They look for the good record and high ranks. Will not schedule tough opponents

Guess that's why they are in Arizona, playing in the Nike Tournament of Champions. Oh and their scheduled game with McKenzie was postponed because both schools were playing for state football championships.

13 hours ago, maddams said:

I watched the McKenzie/GC game last night on Facebook. Thanks @pioneer42 for the heads up. Great game! McKenzie had to leave that game feeling that they should have won the game. Hart and Hart are legit and GC’s role players made just enough plays to win the game. The GC role players will determine how far GC goes this year. Last year at the state tournament, North Greene basically ignored everyone not named Hart. If The role players continue defending and making open shots, GC will be hard to beat

McKenzie is solid. Great shooting team. 

20 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Guess that's why they are in Arizona, playing in the Nike Tournament of Champions. Oh and their scheduled game with McKenzie was postponed because both schools were playing for state football championships.

Does that make up the difference for all the other years and games? And from what I hear they're in the lower tier bracket out there. What good teams have they played? 

I’m sure Westview is playing stiff competition out at the Nike tournament. Don’t figure teams that aren’t competitive would travel like that.   But still wonder why they don’t schedule tougher around here.   It’s better for everyone when the best plays the bests.   One thing you can say for Wilkins.   He schedules as tough as anyone out of district.  

• Like 1