South Pittsburg 2022

LethalAttack

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Hypothetical. 

I don't think he meant anything out of the way.

Just how would an outside guy feel being the head coach knowing he had nothing to do with the last 2 years of SP football? 

I hope the next coach wants to be part of that tradition.  I know I would.

If you are a head coach and you feel pressure from the past or shy away from big time moments then you’re not meant to be a head coach. Just my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Hypothetical. 

I don't think he meant anything out of the way.

Just how would an outside guy feel being the head coach knowing he had nothing to do with the last 2 years of SP football? 

I hope the next coach wants to be part of that tradition.  I know I would.

Thank you, sir. 

4 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Why is it that I can have a civilized discussion all day long with fans of Alcoa, Maryville, Oakland, etc. but never with you guys??

We, especially myself, get a lil sensitive at times.  Must be the colder air.  Chaps my azz sometimes.  :-)

12 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

Thank you, sir. 

No problem.  I too like to think out loud.  

I think Roy has been pumping up lately anyway.  Getting ready for Wendy.  He's a bit edgy. 

bh187-family-guy.gif

8 hours ago, chs1984 said:

You know, assuming you hire an HC from outside, I wonder how I would feel standing for the first time before a team and coaching staff who just won a state title, and played for one the year before, minus one person in the room- me? 

Valid.

Especially considering how long it's been since we've had an outsider at the helm. Danny Wilson was an outsider so to speak, but he'd been on the staff for about 6 years before taking over. Before that you'd have to go back before '62. I don't know if Swafford, Williams or Drost were outsiders. Someone else ( @rlh, @team69) may know. If they weren't outsiders then you'd have to go to the Professor himself.

12 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Valid.

Especially considering how long it's been since we've had an outsider at the helm. Danny Wilson was an outsider so to speak, but he'd been on the staff for about 6 years before taking over. Before that you'd have to go back before '62. I don't know if Swafford, Williams or Drost were outsiders. Someone else ( @rlh, @team69) may know. If they weren't outsiders then you'd have to go to the Professor himself.

I can say for sure but think Swafford was at least from the valley and think Drost was from Alabama.

12 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Valid.

Yes, sir, I know Danny a little bit. He was from, as I’m sure you know, Maryville Heritage. He is doing a great job here in Georgia at Coahulla Creek, which was probably the worst program in the state prior to his arrival. 

14 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We, especially myself, get a lil sensitive at times.  Must be the colder air.  Chaps my azz sometimes.  :-)

No problem.  I too like to think out loud.  

I think Roy has been pumping up lately anyway.  Getting ready for Wendy.  He's a bit edgy. 

bh187-family-guy.gif

Ole RD got right smart and stuffed that double pumper in ole pirates suitcase before he headed off to south Texas.  Wendy had about dang near killed RD. Old pirate be real wounded coming back from Texas in a few weeks.  You think im joking but im not.