South Pittsburg 2022

LethalAttack

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I can't imagine B.P. as just an o.c. at LV. 

Me either, but I've talked to coach Payne at Lookout Valley a time or two and I can see them working well together. I'd like to see Payne get something going at LV. He seems like he's determined and has the fire. Maybe he and Price can work some magic.

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

Yes, sir, I know Danny a little bit. He was from, as I’m sure you know, Maryville Heritage. He is doing a great job here in Georgia at Coahulla Creek, which was probably the worst program in the state prior to his arrival. 

Yeah, he's an all around great guy. We've been friends since just after her moved here and I can say he definite knows his stuff. More importantly, he knows how to pass that info along to the players.

I thought it was really interesting that SP QB this year who made the all sate team and I think is now for a season the all time passing leader for yards and thrown TD's in a season, didn't get much playing time with that really talented group from a year ago that didn't live up to expectations. Makes a person think if he had been QB with that talented group what might have been? Oh well, we will never know. But, he really showed out for SP this year and will go down in the SP history books. 

3 hours ago, sportman said:

I thought it was really interesting that SP QB this year who made the all sate team and I think is now for a season the all time passing leader for yards and thrown TD's in a season, didn't get much playing time with that really talented group from a year ago that didn't live up to expectations. Makes a person think if he had been QB with that talented group what might have been? Oh well, we will never know. But, he really showed out for SP this year and will go down in the SP history books. 

He should have played. This year proved what could have been if he had been allowed to get in games. . That’s my opinion about it. Congratulations to all that made the list though. 

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

He should have played. This year proved what could have been if he had been allowed to get in games. . That’s my opinion about it. Congratulations to all that made the list though. 

It was obvious in 2020 it was just proven last year. Several could have played defense also.  Nothing we can do now.

Very happy for the ones that made all state they definitely have set the bar high for this year. Im hoping we have a coach in place soon ( not rushing the process but..... lol ) 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:39 AM, Roy Dillard said:

Ole RD got right smart and stuffed that double pumper in ole pirates suitcase before he headed off to south Texas.  Wendy had about dang near killed RD. Old pirate be real wounded coming back from Texas in a few weeks.  You think im joking but im not.

Double Pumper???  :roflol:

8 hours ago, sportman said:

I pushed for it all last year.  I believe we’d be back to back champions had he played in the championship game in 2020.  Our QB we had was great at times, but just struggled more.  I’m told it was mostly due to restrictions on who to throw to and where down the field by the HC in 2020.  

4 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Yep yep yep.  Plus I believe this 2021 team came together as a brotherhood due to all the adversity they were dealt.  Definitely will go down as the best season in a very, very, VERY long time.  We actually had a HC that took the situation in front of him and designed a play that worked.  Actually had to coach, and he did just that.  No choking in the big game.  

9 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Double Pumper???  :roflol:

I pushed for it all last year.  I believe we’d be back to back champions had he played in the championship game in 2020.  Our QB we had was great at times, but just struggled more.  I’m told it was mostly due to restrictions on who to throw to and where down the field by the HC in 2020.  

Yep yep yep.  Plus I believe this 2021 team came together as a brotherhood due to all the adversity they were dealt.  Definitely will go down as the best season in a very, very, VERY long time.  We actually had a HC that took the situation in front of him and designed a play that worked.  Actually had to coach, and he did just that.  No choking in the big game.  

PM I garuntee ole RD has been able to rest the past few days.  I  was able to sneak that double pumper in OP suitcase before he headed out to south Texas.  Old pirate is going to come back a wounded warrior.  You think im joking but im not.

4 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

What takes SP so long to hire a coach? You have 2 guys already there that won a state championship last year.  Looks like you would have learned a lesson with the last hire. Bigger is not always better.  Let the guys who love and care about SP football do the job.

I agree with you in that it seems to be obvious.  However, things are much quieter than this time last year surrounding the program which in turn fanned the flames on the coaching search. 

6 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

What takes SP so long to hire a coach? You have 2 guys already there that won a state championship last year.  Looks like you would have learned a lesson with the last hire. Bigger is not always better.  Let the guys who love and care about SP football do the job.

I agree with you and think most all fans would be thrilled with those two or even one becoming the permanent coach but the only factor is what they want both had other roles before getting put in that situation and they may not want the head coaching position full time. Just speculation but they may want to stay in the background. Who knows  honestly it has definitely been kept quiet and that's probably a good thing.