D2 - 2022 thoughts

theawesomebro

15 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Not to take anything away from any other player, but he made a huge difference. I knew when I saw him as a junior that we were going to have our hands full till he graduated. I’m sure you guys have reloaded / had other playmakers step up, but I will not miss that he’s moved on. A very special kid there. 

I could not agree more on Alex.  Very impressive kid and player.  I am not sure if you all know of the very special connection his father had to the legendary former LA coach Glenn McCadams.  I know there are a lot of haters or minimally suspicious folks around here, but the kids I know have a great story as to why they chose LA and that they also visited other private schools.

Booger startin to see it.....Booger also imaginin that them Church Christer fans and players gonna need to be makin a bunch more stops by that tractor supply store for powder if the supposed woes of the friday night gridiron on field banterin is derailin them emotions....specially the newly unsalted coacht'ers who are now highly motivated believers

....and on that other picasso bein brushed in...it also appears that sum of them folks around the Music City that cant stomach what the Church Christers over at LA are producin with that FB team could use a sprinkle or twice of that powder

...never the less the Gold Ball still remains in the middle of the state

Booger just sayin Anti Monkey Butt Powder for the rider at TOHTC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Haters will hate.  They are one of the best teams in the country…spend time trying to get better and copy their success instead of complaining.  I saw them Friday and they are a machine and very well coached.

tru dat PP.....and Booger be crackin ribs laughing at them who boast sayin it want last....like its sum rare genius crystal ball read or future anomylitical prognosis...take them while you can 

....none of them last unless one is Alcoa, Maryville and Bama

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I'll give LA credit for opening facilities to other kids at other schools. Lots of skill/speed/strength guys teach from LA facilities and this has made for better players across mid-state area for everyone. If you are around LA facilities off season/ in season/ weekends always busy! They always have camps going on by variety of organizations. Most schools don't have indoor practice facilities and most of  the ones that do keep them sealed up. The indoor at LA was done prior to CTD arrival but he runs his program like a college these guys have brunch as a team on Saturdays watch film and lift. They have special team session on Sunday afternoon. Family friend son graduated from LA last year told me the schedule. Not sure of recruiting stuff but that schedule sounds like work for coaches, players, & parents to me. So winning is going happen. 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, Playerscoach said:

What clock, yours? That’s funny. You bash CPA and place LA on a pedestal which to me is funny. The only effort we’ve seen like this to get kids into school is BA in the 1980’s. However, LA has left no stone unturned to find kids to recruit them to the school. Whether it be through youth coaches, parents, etc… LA has been a bad program for decades and now is the top 25 in the USA because of the changing of their approach to football.

PC you gotta get your facts straight!  Decades?  Lipscomb has a very strong football heritage and was a great program in the 90s and 2000s until they were forced to move to AAAA level. State finals 9 times, won 4 and a lot of semi finals. All this time playing in DIV I AA, AAA & AAAA and always played by the rules re never recruiting players, etc.    I grant you the program fell off for a few years after Coach McAdams while in AAAA.  If u don’t know what the word decades means…just ask. 

If you want to see a fun game from this past weekend, it's worth checking out Brentwood Academy's 50-49 overtime loss at home to Eagle's Landing Christian Academy out of Georgia. WR #1 for ELCA is remarkably fast, ditto for RB #6.

BA QB #12 is more elusive than you'd expect a player with his size to be.

BA, which trailed by 14 midway through the third quarter, scored a game-tying touchdown on the final play of regulation. ELCA used a prevent defense late and it backfired.

In overtime, BA scored a touchdown and kicked an XP, only for ELCA to score a TD of its own and then convert on a two-point conversion to win the game.

This Friday it's CPA at BA.

Edited by LouPickney
spelling error