D2 - 2022 thoughts

theawesomebro

On 12/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, PurplePanther said:

He may not be 6’4 but definitely bigger that 6’1.

EJ does catch the eye when he gets off the bus.  He is maybe 6'1" but not a "combine 6'1"-- but he is north of 400.  He has good arm length.  He is a big boy and will need to reduce weight and improve quickness to get serious college looks.  At 310 to 330, he would be a monster. 

McCallie kids with offers/solid recruitment:  #1 Paul (chose Duke over 25 P5 schools); #2 Gaillardetz (two FCS offers- late to the process in a bad year); #3 Delinois (2023 kid will have offers); #8 Plunkett ( multiple FCS offers); #17 Crowder (2022-offers from Army and multiple FCS programs); #97 Pilon (committed to Furman); #99 Gentle (2024 kid with three SEC offers).  Not listed is Howard #51-- recruited early but not sure of current status.-- he may wrestle in college.   There are four or five  younger guys that are getting some looks and will have a decent shot. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 8:32 AM, PurplePanther said:

Stirring the pot!

• DCA repeats for the Gold Ball
  • LA repeats as well....in CPA's head now
  • Ryan beats MBA & PJP (finally)
  • BA wins the West
  • McCallie finishes 2nd or 3rd in the East...no Gold Ball
  • West (D2AAA) won't have anyone in the championship game again...they are the SEC East of the division

Pot stirred! :popcorneater:

do the coaching moves change or clarify D2?  rankin going to mix it up?

• Upvote 1

Nice Post! 

My thoughts: 

-DCA repeats in an Undefeated season, Paul Wade gets him another one. 

-Baylor finally gets over the hump and beats McCallie... this is looking 100% at returning talent (not coaching change). 

-Lipscomb repeats in AA.. Dilfer gets a gold statue

-Ryan is the surprise team in AAA

-Rankin's Bucs struggle in his inaugural season at Boyd

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, Navy21412 said:

The CPA people can speak for themselves on that "homegrown" subject, but as a parent who went through the private school application process for 2 kids, I can report that for my youngest a couple of years ago (looking to enter 7th) the school was full and accepting only siblings.  Could be wrong also but CPA doesn't seem to lose a lot of kids along the way.  I can't remember kids leaving CPA for MBA, BA, or Ensworth.  So the "homegrown" thing may be more a function of the school being full with limited options for adding new kids.  You could say that ought to inspire them to raise money and build more buildings to hold more students, and maybe they will.  That said Ingle's comments about financial aid are just out to lunch and honestly just offensive.

I will never pick against McCallie ever.  They remind me of Maryville during the Quarles years.  They have almost no D1 prospects on the team (one defensive back going to Duke?).  They don't wow you at all getting off the bus, but they are just dominant.  I can't explain it.  MBA faced (at least by recruiting rankings) much better QB-WR combos than the McCallie duo--I don't think either of those guys is playing at the next level at all.  And they just torched our really good defense.

CPAs arrogance has always been tops in the mid state. Now they tryin to stand on this “homegrown” theme.  Makes me laugh with tears!  Let me give u some “homegrown” names during their public school days to boost their sports programs.  Wharton, Bonds, Lindsay, Bradshaw, Allsmiller, AND Campbell (Yep the very same Tyger Campbell that plays for UCLA and lost last night).  Theres more…I just can’t recall all of them.  Great players from Murfreesboro, Greenbrier, East TN and the West coast.  Just ask Coach Fey’s opinion of them during that period.  Probably cost him a state title.  Advice for CPA fans…cheer on your players, stop cryin, work a little harder and be proud that you guys won some Gold balls in the public division with such “homegrown” players. #Mercenaries  

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, LetsGoToWork said:

CPAs arrogance has always been tops in the mid state. Now they tryin to stand on this “homegrown” theme.  Makes me laugh with tears!  Let me give u some “homegrown” names during their public school days to boost their sports programs.  Wharton, Bonds, Lindsay, Bradshaw, Allsmiller, AND Campbell (Yep the very same Tyger Campbell that plays for UCLA and lost last night).  Theres more…I just can’t recall all of them.  Great players from Murfreesboro, Greenbrier, East TN and the West coast.  Just ask Coach Fey’s opinion of them during that period.  Probably cost him a state title.  Advice for CPA fans…cheer on your players, stop cryin, work a little harder and be proud that you guys won some Gold balls in the public division with such “homegrown” players. #Mercenaries  

WIlliams was another that CPA made room for on the football team.  Now a commit to Liberty.  When the right talent arrives a spot is made available.